Mitsubishi gt 600 6hp-Engine Upgrade options?

I went for a ride a few days ago. The road we were on is a dirt road with a 30 mph limit. It's all graded with little traffic. There were a couple small hills and the TAV took me up them with zero trouble. My motor is sputtering a little at peak rpm's, so I'll be checking that out this week. Maybe time to start looking at possible upgrades. I have searched a little for aftermarket parts for the Mitsubishi gt600 6 hp but no real luck. Some one somewhere said that briggs animal parts would swap in but I have no verification that is true. Thinking about a proper governor removal with other minor stuff. Is this engine supported in the aftermarket or should I pick another motor if I want to do mild performance enhancements?

Options or opinions?

You could always advance the timing and add more fuel(Bigger carb maybe a pz or mikuni) ,Free up the exhaust and Intake, Maybe shave the head to add some compression.

Try finding a billet rod or wheel wheel or make one fit:grind:, Its all up to u .
You just as easy buy a honda clone throw a few bucks into it a run circle's around the Mitsubishi any day.

Just my 2 cents:shrug:

Thanks for the feed back. The little things will likely be all I do to this engine. I'm thinking i'll ride it until I can do a ground up build. The wife will inherit the firehawk after that. I've been keeping an eye open for cheap clones around town. I will start with the engine then build a big wheel trail bike around that.

Sorry to bring back an old thread from the dead, but what about standard manufacturer parts? I've lost the gasket that goes between the carb and the air box and wondered where I could get one maybe online.

Motra

Some of the B&S Vanguard engines were actually Mitsubishi engines but they're completely different than the real Briggs engines. That's probably why there's some confusion as for parts interchangeability. If you need actual Mitsubishi parts I have the parts manuals and know the only US Mitsubishi parts importer. PM me if interested.