Most Desirable Discontinued OEM Tecumseh Parts

Survey of Most Desirable Discontinued OEM Tecumseh Parts-Please Participate

I am taking an informal survey of the most desirable(needed) OEM Tecumseh parts and OEM accessories. Please name your top five, if you have that many. Please include the corresponding model number h50,hs40, ect. Feel free to include parts numbers if you like. Kindly limit your responses to OEM Tecumseh parts and OEM accessories only. Non OEM tecumseh parts and accessories may covered later in a seperate thread.

Here are my top five:

1. Kickstarter Hs25-h50
2. Lighting Coil Hs40
3 Lighted Flywheel Hs40
4. Minibike upswept accessory exhuast H25-H50
5. Blower Housing(Shroud) Hs25-Hs40

Last edited:
* Mini-bike specific throttle hook-up_Small Block (currently reproduced by OldMiniBikes member Joe51)

* The hard to find "half-tank" ....

Last edited:
Thanks K for your quick response.

Is that the "Big Block" throttle set-up?

Also do you have happen to know the model/spec number the "half" tank was used on ?

Thanks K for your quick response.

Is that the "Big Block" throttle set-up?

Also do you have happen to know the model/spec number the "half" tank was used on ?
the throttle pictured is for small blocks...Joe51 is in the process of reproducing the Big Block version as we speak......

not sure about the part # for the tank....it was oem on that MB Bonanza....Bill Elerby is the human microfiche...he might know.

Thanks everybody keep your responses coming. It is ok to name parts which have already been listed. I am trying to gauge demand

Last edited:
Hey TRK, piston,rings and rod for which models? Also you've got two more choices??
mostly the 3.5's, HS engines, and H50-60-70's

Anything from 2-10 horse.. 14 horse.. pretty well any piston.. SOMEONE in the world needs it.. :laugh:

And they need to be over sized, from standard to 5 over 10 over 15 over 30 overs, ya know? Cause all these engines are burnt out, so after boring, needs an over sized piston..

and rings...

But i don't know how you're gonna do all this, unless you get the right material, then cut them out on a lathe.. :drool: Billet pistons..

Or get a foundry.. :shrug:

KKK that unusal side tank was found on the H25-25210H,H30-35277H,H35-45094G,HS40-55433C and others. P/N is 31263(1 qt) and may still be available? If anyone is looking for a nice TEC 1 qt metal gas tank 1960's use p/n 30779, they are on Ebay.

Last edited:
Wow, I see why they call you the human microfiche:thumbsup:

Mr. Bill you were correct in your model number application for the side shroud mounted tank. I checked the Partstree online fiche for the H25-25210h and it shows the tank,part no. 31263, as discontinued.

Did you have any parts that you personally want to add to the list?