Motovox Predator 212cc Build. Original Tank Modded To Work. Vibration Issue Fixed!!

Here is my motovox mbx10 build.
100_4168.JPG
Perfect spot for the gas fill!!!
100_4181.JPG
New seat. Old one was cracked.
100_4180.JPG
All new controls Including Hydraulic Brakes.
100_4179.JPG
Here is how I modded the original tank to work. All I did was bend the original mounting brackets 90 degrees and bolted them to a old scrap piece of aluminum from a old ladder rack.
100_4174.JPG
Here is a better view of the bracket I used to mount the tank. I also used another bracket to tie the back of the bracket to the original tank mounting hole. Rock solid!!
100_4172.JPG
Another problem I ran into was the bike had way too much torque with the original 75 tooth sprocket so I purchased a boodle bug rear sprocket adapter from OldMiniBikes Warehouse & installed a 58 tooth sprocket. A lot better now!!
100_4171.JPG
Doesn't look too bad does it?
100_4170.JPG
Thanks hotrodminibike.com for a lot of the parts I used on this build including the rear hydraulic brake.
100_4169.JPG
Looking good!!
100_4166.JPG
Sweeet!!
100_4167.JPG
Here is what I did to fix my last issue, and that was the vibration problem. It was so bad you could not ride it for longer than 20 minutes!
What you see is 3 layers of 1/8 inch hard rubber I sandwiched between my adjustable motor mount and the frame. This has completely eliminated the vibration.
I tried a vibration kit from OldMiniBikes and it made it worse than it was with the motor mounted directly on the frame.
100_4183.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good. I'd like to try that anti vibe setup on my CT200. Where did you get the rubber sheets?
I got it from lowes department store.
PP25547
Rubber Packing Sheet
6X6X8X1/8.

I tried several different types of rubber and this was the only stuff I could find that was hard enough.
Most of it including the kit I bought from OldMiniBikes warehouse was too soft. As you torqued down the bolts the rubber would squash and loosen the chain.
That did not happen with the stuff I got from lowes.
Cut them the same size as the bottom of the motor & glue them together with contact cement.
At first I tried 2 layers because I could not raise the motor any farther. It was pretty good with 2 layers.
When I put the smaller gas tank on I added another 1/8 inch layer & the 3rd layer almost totally eliminated the vibration.

Bike looks good! Is that the OldMiniBikes under seat header you have there?
No I got that from hotrodminibike.com.
It was designed for the motovox to go under the seat.
It has a rlv silencer.
I was going to pick one up from OldMiniBikes but I did not know if they had a under the seat header that fit the motovox.
Hotrodminibike.com advertised it a motovox compatible and showed pictures of it on a motovox.
If OldMiniBikes warehouse did that so I would of knew for sure that it would work I would of purchased it from OldMiniBikes.

Thanks for letting me know these rubber sheets are available at Lowes. Found it on their website by the part number you provided. I might only add I'm going to use locknuts as I think the nuts "could" work loose with just lock washers. Thanks!