MTD/ Columbia band brake setup Help?

I Am working on a MTD Frame for a buddy and the Band Brake set up has me a little weirded. If anyone has one of these put together on a bike can you post a pic on how it is situated and connected?

I would appreciate it.

Its this style MTD Like Jimh has.

oldfatguy

it looks like in the picture that you have the recess in the sprocket for a drum brake.You can buy the brake assembly with the brake shoes.This will work better than a band brake if you already have the brake drum in the sprocket

This frame is like my buddies but it uses a Band Brake on the Mtd Columbia style wheel. The Frame is the same, the wheels are completely different in this pic.

That's an Azusa wheel on mine. I have the originals now, but I'm missing the bracket. I saw a pic of one on here in a thread, but I cant remember who posted it.:doah:

Here's a picture of Wayne's. Maybe Randy will post a closer one?? I could use the measurements if someone could post that. I could make one for mine if need be.

Last edited:
That helps a bunch!!

Looks like he is missing the hollow adjuster screw for the cable. What can I Substitue for that you think?
The adjusters are everywhere, if you need one right away go to a bike shop or drill out a bolt (only has to be cable size hole)

Great pics Delray! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I might make one similar for a bike or two.

delray

sorry mybiz no extra's
mybiz i called mtd couple years ago to get little info from them and the guy i talk to was great. he fax me some info and also told me that they still had couple jackshafts in stock.but who needs them.:doah: no gas tanks or other parts.....etc...
if someone could just make gas tanks? i think there would be some money to be made.

mybiz

Gas tanks

sorry mybiz no extra's
mybiz i called mtd couple years ago to get little info from them and the guy i talk to was great. he fax me some info and also told me that they still had couple jackshafts in stock.but who needs them.:doah: no gas tanks or other parts.....etc...
if someone could just make gas tanks? i think there would be some money to be made.
Well blow molding is our business this is the type of products we make but There is way to much money involved to build tanks if we sold them for $50 a tank we would have to sale 180 to 200 just to break even thats just a ruff guess parts are cheep for use to make its the building of the mold that cost the most there is lots of mini bike parts I would like to manufacter like tanks our business as a blow mold co. has been slow so were having to do other things just to stay afloat plastics co. are like the airplaine buiness slow slow
well that was depressing:sadcrying4::thumbsup::eek::eek:nline2long: