Murray Rebuild

Okay, I'm not much for taking pictures, and all I have as far as camera's right now is the one on my phone, but here's the deal...

2001 Murray Track 2. Had a Honda GX160 (pretty beat), and home made scrub brakes that did not work. It had been abused but still ran pretty decent...except for Fred Flinstone brakes. Here's a picture from when I brought it home:

And here it is 5 days later:

Of course, those who know me know that my 1953 Cadillac is the inspiration for this... (although the bike is a slightly darker red)

Anyways, more details to come.

That red looks really good. What color are the wheels going to be?
No idea. I am thinking about leaving them silver right now, but I have whitewall tires coming.

If I get my way, I'll find a way to swap out the 8" steel wheels for some 10" wire wheels, with white walls, but not right now.

What color do you think would look best?

Looking real good! I picked up just the frame off of Ebay and just finished mock up with what I'm going with. I used a Manco front end and wheel,Manco real wheel and a farm tractor metal seat. Motor is a Briggs Intek. Handlebars are vintage BMX high-rise. Test rode it and it is the smoothest minibike yet I've built for the grandchildren. Enjoy your bike.

The bike looks great.......brand new GX200......:thumbsup:

I picked up a Murray (looking alot worse than yours) about a month ago I'll be watching your build closely

No idea. I am thinking about leaving them silver right now, but I have whitewall tires coming.

If I get my way, I'll find a way to swap out the 8" steel wheels for some 10" wire wheels, with white walls, but not right now.

What color do you think would look best?
Man its really hard to say:shrug: Hell mine is just sitting in the garage in like new condition:smile:. All it needs is a rider. Im going to be pulling the 3.5 and slapping the 5hp I/C on it.(hopefully sooner than later) Im really not a fan of red bikes, but that one is looking good. Now wipe the damn smudges off the lense:laugh:

Okay, went with Red Wheels. The silver was too close to the white. Still not drivable, just ordered exhuast, but I have the brakes all finished.

MikeBear

Okay, went with Red Wheels. The silver was too close to the white. Still not drivable, just ordered exhuast, but I have the brakes all finished.

You need to mock-up a trailer to pull from a "Little Red Wagon"! Those are big bikes, and that pic makes it look tiny!

I really like your custom work. I have two Murrays and it's fun to see what people are doing with them.

What brake mods did you do? Keep the photos coming!