mustang clutch

I found a mustang trail machine for sale. It's not complete but it does have the original three speed gearbox. The clutch is rough and may be unusable. Does any one know what clutch this is and if there is a replacement available ? It had a kickstart and im not 100% sure how the system worked. It's a cool rigid trail scooter but im not sure if the transmission should be coveted or avoided.

jb...you are one kind fellow....its not easy being a newbie. i think its the excitement of finding this site and wanting instant answers.......been there and done that:thumbsup::scooter:

james c

the transmission is a burman gearbox, it was used on some english motorcycles. the bike is a mustang trail machine, i just drove over 500 miles for that gearbox. is this bike yours or are you thinking of buying it? i would buy it if it is cheap. im intrested in the gearbox if you want to sell it also.

I almost forgot to say......
James wants to own everything west of the Rockies and almost does!

I would love to see his garage!

:smile::smile:

Thank you James. Tippy is right I am
a noob and threw out a question without doing my own research, but it is fun to get feedback. Ive had a trail scooter for years and would like to save a few more from extinction. My kids are growing fast and I think its a great hobby.
Still not sure about the clutch but ill get it home and keep you posted.

james c

Thank you James. Tippy is right I am
a noob and threw out a question without doing my own research, but it is fun to get feedback. Ive had a trail scooter for years and would like to save a few more from extinction. My kids are growing fast and I think its a great hobby.
Still not sure about the clutch but ill get it home and keep you posted.
you can look up burman gearbox on ebay im not sure what all yours is missing.
i do have the original engine and clutch cover backing plate that ill sell.
the engine is a 5 3/4 briggs and has no pull start. also special case with holes to mount the clutch shroud. or put any briggs big block in it and make a backing plate for a clutch cover.