My 2 newest Finds!

CaptNugget

Here are my 2 newest finds.
1) Exalter Explorer by:Owosso
..I know a lot of you probably seen this one, followed it on eBay seemingly forever and finally gave in and bought it!
Looks excellent, having local bike shop tidy up motor and cables and helping title it.

2) here's one I found on Craigslist. I'm unsure what it is but I had to have it since I never seen one like it and it looks street legal too. It even has a cigarette lighter! (Freakin sweet) needs a lot but not insane work. Looked through every page of "trike pics with names" post and didn't see anything close. Anyone know what it is?
:grind::drinkup:

toomanytoys

The exalter explorer is in amazing condition! I hope you can pull off a title/street legal on that. I'd love to cruise down the road on that thing, I sure bet it would bring some funny looks.

Gumpit is right on the money ( and usually is). I spoke to a gentleman last summer that work at the BGW plant and recalled to me how few of that street legal model were made. I believe he told me they sold 9 of 14 made,the other 5 sat and were given/sold to employees. It really is a rare bird : )
I went out and looked at that Owossa when he had it on craigslist,,very very complete original piece and that thing is LONG haha When you see it in person you realize how much space it takes up. Great trike
Hope you enjoy the hell outta that :thumbsup:

CaptNugget

That's Awesome to hear! Now I feel like I got a sweet deal at $300.
The Exalter IS super nice, shouldn't be too difficult to title hopefully and yes it'll be a blast and hilarious head turner.
Space wise, yeah she's a brute, the BGW is almost as big.
I Definitely need more space soon! I have 10 trikes 2 Harley's and a heald super bronc in a 1 1/2 car garage lol

toomanytoys

I bought an al sport a few years ago. I rode it a few times and sold it because they take up so much space. I was constantly pushing it out of the way.

Yeah my garage is a maze and not much room left.. Jus need to make sure when I do move I got space. I'll probably set up a Morton building or something haha

Most of these trikes have lasted 40+ years outside. Don't let space be an issue for keeping them. There is always a corner of the yard you can park them in.

That's where the majority are now. Lost in fields,rotted fallen down barns... I had a trike that was in a pile of grass so high that you couldn't see it 10 feet away. The brush was growing through the frame and it was land locked by Mother Nature. The guy I bought it from brought his excavator over. Put a chain around the frame. Lifted the bucket and raised it about 20 feet before the last vine pulled out of the ground. You would never know by looking at it today.

That's where the majority are now. Lost in fields,rotted fallen down barns... I had a trike that was in a pile of grass so high that you couldn't see it 10 feet away. The brush was growing through the frame and it was land locked by Mother Nature. The guy I bought it from brought his excavator over. Put a chain around the frame. Lifted the bucket and raised it about 20 feet before the last vine pulled out of the ground. You would never know by looking at it today.
pic please of thst vine trike

Nice restore. Were the vise grips on it when u found it? Unfortunately someone welded the hell outta my T555 frame, looks like it was probably Ray Charles.

I pulled this outta 2' of snow in someone's front yard (currently unrestored still)

No. The vice grips were there because it started leaking gas when I put some in..... My green one is going to be welded everywhere. Since it was a bit butcher welded to begin with I am adding gussets everywhere to beef it up... Going to make it a tank....
Awesomely Ugly... Awgly

I would like to know if and how you got it titled. I need some information on it. I have one I am currently restoring, and I will need to register it, however, I have NO information on it. Mine seems to be a OLDER one. Not as colorful, no rack on the back, but I have the additional seat that bolts to the frame. I have not seen one with the optional seat. I could use any help possible. Information on what I have is crucial to getting it on the road. If you have done it, I would like to see or know how it's listed, dated on the title. WP_20151129_002.jpg WP_20151129_003.jpg View attachment 86647 WP_20151129_005.jpg WP_20151129_006.jpg WP_20151129_007.jpg WP_20151129_008.jpg WP_20151129_009.jpg WP_20151129_010.jpg

That's sweet. I'd never even seen anything about another "Exalter explorer" until your post. I haven't tried too hard yet for titling it (although now I'm fired up to do it soon since I bought a '63 WaterMouse hydro kart) I wanna paint it to match and tow it behind it. Talk about a "make people jealous combo) haha. I did ask about it and heard a lot about a "bonded title". If I have time and find out more I'll let you know. Oh and finding one with an odometer reading of 420, hilarious, get a cheech and Chong novelty plate :thumbsup: