My Current Quandary

The Lincoln is home safe and sound and IMHO, it looks even cooler now that it's mine!!!. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't think a better CL deal was ever made! I'm in love with this thing!!! :pimp:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I know in the sixties they would put a solenoid inside the doors that yanked on a cable to open them, then mount a button in a fender well that they could catch with their toe.

I know in the sixties they would put a solenoid inside the doors that yanked on a cable to open them, then mount a button in a fender well that they could catch with their toe.
yeah when I was young there was this cool old dude by my house named "Rolland Platt" (even his name was cool :pimp:)
...........I saw him walk up to his custom car and kick under the rocker panel to pop the door....so friggin cool it still sticks in my mind 40 yrs later....

Last edited:
I've already got a few neat little ideas about where the poppers may end up. :grind:

TRK: The rust was on the 56 truck. As in huge gaping holes everywhere....rockers, driprail, fenders, running boards......you name it, there was rust there! You are quite correct, there is some surface rust on the floor of the Lincoln and one spot about the size of a quarter where the floor is rusted through. Beyond that, "rust free New Mexico car" is pretty much exactly what I got! :clap: