My Current Quandary

I have an opportunity to trade my '56 Ford pick-up....

for this '49 lincoln.....

My truck is waaaaay rusty and in need of serious body work, the Lincoln is a mostly rust free New Mexico car. However my truck has all modern running gear and can hit the highway whenever I damn well please and the Lincoln is more original and more of an around town type of cruiser. The kicker is that the Lincoln is just so freakin COOL.

Anyone feel like helping me make up my mind for me? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Well knowing where you live in Florida I would go for the Lincoln and just make sure it is protected from the rust environment and cruse the town in style. I had a lead sled when I was young and it was a super low Mercury with Lincoln tail lights shaved door handles Frenched headlights and radio antenna. Mine had a 425 Buick Wildcat engine hooked up to a 1937 Buick floor shift transmission.
Yours looks as low as mine was got me into too much trouble so I let it go.
What motor is in the Lincoln

Steve :scooter:

45t

Both are super cool, but I have to say the look (stance, curb appeal, and desirability of that body style )of the truck is better.

I feel the same way sometimes when i see something I'd like to trade my truck for. Sometimes a change up is good. Only you can decide if you would be happier with the Lincoln or will you regret the trade. Your call, good luck with your decision.

I like both its a pretty hard decision. But there are more 56 ford pickups around than that lincoln. You can always get anothe 56 ford but the lincoln is a different story. I vote the lincoln then pickup another 56 if it really botters you that much.

I'm looking real hard at Buying Trabant 601....

You can get them real cheap here in Canada certified and plated ready to roll...

WHat would you do with such a goof ball car?
Drop a 700cc twin from a Cat in it.
Chop and lower.
Surgery on them is fast and cheap....

Now you have a rocket that wont rust no matter how much salt or sand is on the roads.

My point:
What feels good?
What is the least work?

All that and never invest in something you can't use within a reasonable amount of time.

Most people will change their tastes every 7 years with respect to hobbies and projects.
Today you might be all about a minibike or car project in the years ahead that may change

Thanks for all of the replies guys. It's a tough call for sure, both cars are definitely up there on the cool factor scale. Both have plusses and minuses: My truck is in a lot better RUNNING condition but the body is pretty darn rough. Like....rough. His Lincoln is in a whole lot better LOOKING condition but will need a bunch of upgrades mechanically to be what I really want it to be. Right now it isn't something I could hop into and go for a 500 mile road trip if I felt like it and I can do that with my truck. Plus it will be pretty much all on me to go to Tampa and figure out how to get it home.

I've been chewing on it all day and all night and I do believe it's going to come down to what kind of deal can be made. I offered the guy a straight up trade and he countered wanting my truck and some cash. The more I think on it, the more I think it only makes sense for me if it's an even swap, which is what I'm gonna let the guy know today.

I'll lett y'all know how it turns out.