My Dad

Grant,
I'm glad your father will be home for Christmas! Last year we bought my dad a small digital recorder for Christmas. He has been yacking continually for almost a year in the thing, someday it will be worth its weight in gold to us. He jumped on that thing like a chicken on a June bug! It keeps him occupied for hours, as he has COPD from smoking for 50 + years and doesn't get up an out too much.
Enjoy your holiday!

Very cool, Grant. What I think is even more awesome is it did not take this event for you to appreciate your "Ol' Man." You started this thread, ironically, just before this happened. That speaks volumes about the relationship between you and your dad. Be proud and thankful for what you have. Wishing you and your family the best.:thumbsup:

Fred

Great to hear that Grant. Is that the least Bunggle sitting with your dad? I know what you mean about listening to the old stories. My grandfather could go on for hours. Just had to ask him one question, and off he went. One thing led to another, etc. At 99 years old, he could still tell details about every single car he ever owned, how much it cost him, what he traded for, where he bought it, the salesman's names...... My dad passed away unexpectedly two years ago, and I never got to hear nearly as many of his stories. He just did not seem old at all to me. You are very fortunate to have your dad and your son in your life. Don't waste a minute of your time with either one of them. I wish I could help you out somehow, but will be praying for all of you.
Wes - genuine words from a genuine man, I appreciate you man. And yes, that is my son, he was very happy to have a ride out of the hospital room today. All he kept saying was "Grandpa can you swing me when we get home"? :smile:

Very cool, Grant. What I think is even more awesome is it did not take this event for you to appreciate your "Ol' Man." You started this thread, ironically, just before this happened. That speaks volumes about the relationship between you and your dad. Be proud and thankful for what you have. Wishing you and your family the best.:thumbsup:

Fred
Thanks Fred, you hit it on the head there. He is a superb father, husband and grandfather to us all.

I would also like to give a special thanks to those of you who had purchased items from me just before this event transpired and had the patience and understanding to know that I could not get the items in the mail in a timely manner - Superflea, 125ccCrazy, T-Time and Rockwall. I will be heading to the post office tomorrow to mail all the stuff off.

gbabins1

Glad to hear he'll be home for Christmas:thumbsup: We'll continue to pray for a full & healthy recovery for Grandpa Bungle. Maybe Santa will bring him a clone for that chair :laugh: