My Dad

I am new to the forum but not new to praying (I believe VERY strongly in it's power) so will definitely be in prayer for your dad

Robby

Hope you Dad is doing better and the surgery is a success. I know it's difficult, but you have to think positive. I will pray for him
Hang in there buddy.

Grant ... I am sending prayers to you and your family as well ... There has been a lot of praying going on in our house hold lately ... My baby sister is passing away at this moment from a 3 year battle with cancer ... I feel your pain bro ... Keep us posted

Here's the latest -
9:30am -The Neurosurgeon says they are a little perplexed as to what the "mass" really is. She claims that it's not absorbing any of the contrast when they look at the MRI, therefore not showing to have any vessels? In other words, it's not exuding traits of a tumor at this point, thank the Lord. She said it's more of a solid type mass and they are going to study it more to... try and figure out what it may be.
2:35pm - They took my dad in for another MRI to center primarily on the space in question and it was NOT a solid mass. That probably in 4 to 6 weeks will do more tests and see what it shows. He said "inconclusive, but good". So at this point, no surgery is needed - *SIGH OF RELIEF.

However, they just did an angiogram to snake up through his vessels all the way to his brain to get a better idea of what the Sam Hill is going on. Yuck. We'll know more tomorrow.

I stayed with him though the night last night and enjoyed hearing him reminisce on times when I was young and we used to galavant around the countryside fishing and hunting, playing baseball, etc. - he seemed to want to talk a lot of his younger days as well when he used to do a lot of fishing and hunting. It was nice to just sit and hear him talk about his memories, even in the dark as he was falling asleep after each time we'd get up to get him to the bathroom/drinks of water and having all the nurses come in for various meds or blood draws.

Please continue to pray and thank you all so very much for your support. Hopefully we will have my Father home in the very near future. It's a crazy and comforting feeling knowing that so many of you that I do and do not know are praying for us all aroudn the country. Thank you my friends.

Sometimes these kind of things are a blessing in disguise....here's hoping he's back home soon, better than before and "tinkering" around the yard again.....:grind:

I'm sure it's a comfort for him to look over and see you there and have someone to talk to............:thumbsup:

Scottessey

Grant, i'm sorry to hear about your family's trial. I'll be praying that you will have more and more good news as things unfold. God is good. Even those bedside chats, that you probably wouldn't be having otherwise, they are a huge gift.

My Dad was able to come home today:thumbsup:

Still not in the clear, since we will need to revisit with another MRI in 4-6wks to see what progress or dissolution may come of the mass, but he'll be spending Christmas at home and in good spirits.

Thanks all for your concern and prayers.

zeeman

Great to hear that Grant. Is that the least Bunggle sitting with your dad? I know what you mean about listening to the old stories. My grandfather could go on for hours. Just had to ask him one question, and off he went. One thing led to another, etc. At 99 years old, he could still tell details about every single car he ever owned, how much it cost him, what he traded for, where he bought it, the salesman's names...... My dad passed away unexpectedly two years ago, and I never got to hear nearly as many of his stories. He just did not seem old at all to me. You are very fortunate to have your dad and your son in your life. Don't waste a minute of your time with either one of them. I wish I could help you out somehow, but will be praying for all of you.