My first Mini Bike and its a project.

Welcome to the fun, any one can buy a finished bike , but it is much more rewarding to take an old beater and make it into your own.
This is the place to be if you need any help check out the older threads there is a ton of info in them.
Rob

Welcome JMV I saw that on ebay,looks like a good project.My mother-in-law lives in Lake Hiawatha we visit N.J alot.You should check out the mini bike swapmeet at the hot dog hut in Wayne this fall.Good luck with your bike.:thumbsup:Ray

oldfatguy

another jersey guy, Welcome aboard

I'm in Sussex nj , probably not that far from you. That's going to turn out to be a nice bike when it's done.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Welcome! Nice project and first bike, enjoy. You'll find all the information you need here, and a lot of new friends.

Sweet .... Its only $........

You will be proud when you take your first ride after a tear down and restore....

Do it right and go over everything ....that way you don't have minor breakdowns every outing and ruin the fun...

TomH

Is it a 2 or a 4 stroke? Thanks

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
It is a four stroke Briggs, 3HP. The bike has a slanted motor mounting position. I don't know how well that is going to work, tilting the motor. Original motor had a slanted intake so the carb would set level. There might be some members that mounted a motor on the slant without the intake to chime in on how that works..or not.:laugh:

Well just got it going it runs very well. It still need to be rebuilt. When I went to pick it up the ladie said it was given to her son to get it going. What can I do cheaply to get better horse power.

TomH

Well just got it going it runs very well. It still need to be rebuilt. When I went to pick it up the ladie said it was given to her son to get it going. What can I do cheaply to get better horse power.

Runs very well..needs to be rebuilt?:shrug: The bike or the motor, both.:laugh:
How much money can you budget? How much know how do you have.
All this factors into it.
If the motor is ok, spend your money fixing / replacing parts to make it dependable and safe. Make sure you have a good chain, good bearings, the brake works, tires. Stuff that can break or seize up when you are going 35MPH