My first yard sale find this year....

jeep4me

On my way to work yesterday and I spotted this at a yard sale. It wasn't out in the sale, but I have a tendancy to scan garages and back yards when I go to yard sales. I saw this in the garage behind a snowblower and asked about it. The old lady said "what, that old thing...give me $30." I said I guess it's worth that much. I put some gas in it and she fired right up.

It's a stellar frame with a nice little caliper brake on it. It looks just like my cheeftah.

jeep4me

I guess the ol' Lady is getting used to this now?
Some people use the term "beat into submission".:thumbsup:

I guess you were right, the more I get the more they blend in with each other. But really, I have sold a number of them. I've kept the one's that I like and let the others go. I sold 6 of them to get the Tote Gote.

Swell find. I'm interested to know more about the wheel/brake setup. It looks like a clean installation. I'm thinking of doing something similar on my Lil' Indian to replace the home made scrub brake that's on it now. Are the wheels 4" or 5" dia? How many teeth on the sprockets (frt & rear)? Please post a couple more close-up photos. I'd like to see the backside if the caliper & bracket (shot from under the gas tank) and another one straight from the rear that shows component spacing. How wide is the wheel/sprocket assy? How big is the gap between the sprocket and tire sidewall? What is the distance between the inboard edges of the rear frame tubes? The Lil' Indian's frame tubes are only 6" apart, so it's kind of tight. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeep4me

Swell find. I'm interested to know more about the wheel/brake setup. It looks like a clean installation. I'm thinking of doing something similar on my Lil' Indian to replace the home made scrub brake that's on it now. Are the wheels 4" or 5" dia? How many teeth on the sprockets (frt & rear)? Please post a couple more close-up photos. I'd like to see the backside if the caliper & bracket (shot from under the gas tank) and another one straight from the rear that shows component spacing. How wide is the wheel/sprocket assy? How big is the gap between the sprocket and tire sidewall? What is the distance between the inboard edges of the rear frame tubes? The Lil' Indian's frame tubes are only 6" apart, so it's kind of tight. Thanks! :thumbsup:
I tried to get the photo's you wanted. The wheel size is 5". I think everything else is in the pics. Hope this helps you.

Nice find Jeep, $30.00 well spent! Just a little work and that one should bring you pleanty of enjoyment, weather it be monetary, or physical lol, some of them women think they're doing good selling stuff at yard sales, some of them know what they're doing, most should check what they have before they put a price tag on it, they would probabaly get a lot more for what they have!!!!!
dave