My friends Mini- Fully custom

Ok this is one of the nicest mini's i've ever seen. It belongs to a friend of mine named Ryan. His dad helped him with the stretch and filling in the gas tank, but he did all the airbrushing himself. I think it's a 10 or 11hp engine now if I remember correctly. Here are a bunch of pics from start to finish. Does anyone know what kind of mini it is from the original pics? the first pic is not the actual bike, just a pic that was close to what it looked like, I only have pics of it tore down and put back togeather. it was nice even then, but now it's just plain SICK.

that started out as a Doodlebug.

it's not my cup 'o tea, but it looks like it came out really nice. :thumbsup:

is the engine modded? it looks like it's a 5hp Briggs.

that started out as a Doodlebug.

it's not my cup 'o tea, but it looks like it came out really nice. :thumbsup:

is the engine modded? it looks like it's a 5hp Briggs.
i dont think it is because look at the axle mounts in the second picture there not the same as a doodlebug and the foot pegs

The 1st pic is not the bike, it was the only one he could find like his bike to send me.

The engine is out of a cement mixer i think, pretty sure he said 10hp, let me send him a message quick and double check.

The 1st pic is not the bike, it was the only one he could find like his bike to send me.

The engine is out of a cement mixer i think, pretty sure he said 10hp, let me send him a message quick and double check.
i got the not his bike part. a DB doesn't really look like any other mini out there so why post a pic of one if that's not what he started with? if it didn't start out as that don't post a pic saying that's what it looked like.

i got the not his bike part. a DB doesn't really look like any other mini out there so why post a pic of one if that's not what he started with? if it didn't start out as that don't post a pic saying that's what it looked like.
seriously, not that big of a deal. I posted the 1st pic as reference to what it looked "KIND OF" like before it was chopped. I'd say it resembled it very well, and for people that arn't as into mini bikes as you it helps them get the picture. I do realize this is a mini bike forum and I posted the same pics on an ATV forum and didn't think about the fact that people here would be able to picture how it orig was, and it helped them get an idea. Just pretend for a minute your not obsessed with mini's and you didn't know what it looked like orig, wouldn't that help you get a clear picture of the transformation? So instead of bitching about a picture I posted and telling me what I should/shouldn't post lets just admire the work he put into it and forget that i posted that first pic. Ok?

how about you find a pic of what it actually looked like then?

you posted a pic of a DB saying it looked like that. as far as i'm concerned that means it started out as a DB.

it's your hahahaha up, not mine. :thumbdown:

you posted a pic of a DB saying it looked like that. as far as i'm concerned that means it started out as a DB.

So if i see a light up in the sky that looks like a UFO it must be a UFO huh? Nothing is able to resemble something else? How about stop worrying about it? Were you always a douche bag? or did that come with being a moderator? I have been reading threads for a while today and your an asshat in most of them. I bet your stupid enough to get a DUI on a mini bike.
I don't care if you decide to ban me,I only come here once a year or so because I'm not obsessed with minibikes. I didn't start the flame war. I just posted some pics and since they wern't exact and you spend WAY to much time on here you started crying about it. Dude, get a life. As far as I'm concerned the picture was just find and your a whiny baby and i don't really care what you think. Since this is MY thread go moderate somewhere else and stopy trying to tell me what to do, your a hahahahaing forum moderator bully. Don't take the job so seriously man. I posted a pic as a referance and even apologized for it not being perfect. Chill out or stay out of the thread. I'll even go back and delete the pic so you can't hahahahaing complain anymore. I doubt that will fix it, but it's worth a try. I hope it makes you feel better. I'm glad no one else acts like you on this forum or it'd be a shitty place to visit. Your bad attitude doesn't help bring in new members, it pushes them away.

Hey, let's try this: Be kind and gentle, be helpful and give out links to assist with research and future R & D issues. Not everyone can tell the difference between 67 camaro sub frames and 67 firebird sub frames (I can tell you the difference in both car frames and some minibikes, but it does not make me a better human being). Not knowing the answer to either question does not make you (or friend) stupid and being inquisitive is one of the first signs of intelligence.:grind: Hey kid, keep up the good work on the bike. :hack:The important thing is that your skills and ideas are going towards good fun stuff and your are not out building a bomb. Nice art work, wish we could see it driven.
:scooter:

+1 on the frame looking to be an Alexander and Reynolds in origin.
Kid does good work:thumbsup::hack::grind::weld:

INMHO needs something changed up in the seat area (different contour on the foam an cover maybe) to make it perfect for that style bike:wink:

How does it ride if it has been ridden?
That is a different type drive setup looks like it would be one long legged gear.
Big tire small sprocket (looks like a v belt pulley) and the clutch looks like it has alot of teeth too.

Last edited:
So if i see a light up in the sky that looks like a UFO it must be a UFO huh? Nothing is able to resemble something else? How about stop worrying about it?
yep. you posted a pic of a DB and said it looks like this. what was it that you posted? a DB.

Were you always a douche bag? or did that come with being a moderator?
i was a douche bag before being a moderator.

I have been reading threads for a while today and your an asshat in most of them.
yeah, that's how i post.

I bet your stupid enough to get a DUI on a mini bike.
just unlucky enough to get caught riding while at a .08.

I don't care if you decide to ban me,I only come here once a year or so because I'm not obsessed with minibikes.
i won't ban people just because i disagree with them. i only ban spammers.

I didn't start the flame war. I just posted some pics and since they wern't. exact and you spend WAY to much time on here you started crying about it. Dude, get a life. As far as I'm concerned the picture was just find and your a whiny baby and i don't really care what you think.
you posted a pic of a DB and said that's what i looked like. that's like posting a pic of a Camaro when you really have a Mustang.

Since this is MY thread go moderate somewhere else and stopy trying to tell me what to do, your a hahahahaing forum moderator bully. Don't take the job so seriously man.
yeah it's your thread. i don't see how i'm being a bully since i'm only going off of what you posted. i'm not taking it that seriously. you'd get the same opinion out of me if i wasn't a mod.

I posted a pic as a referance and even apologized for it not being perfect. Chill out or stay out of the thread. I'll even go back and delete the pic so you can't hahahahaing complain anymore. I doubt that will fix it, but it's worth a try. I hope it makes you feel better.
again, a DB looks like a DB.

I'm glad no one else acts like you on this forum or it'd be a shitty place to visit. Your bad attitude doesn't help bring in new members, it pushes them away.

Well i'm glad your not upset by my picture,and cutting a noob some slack. i'd hate for you to keep talking about it all day and lose sleep over it. I don't know everything about mini bikes like you do. I don't know if the 1st pic is a doodlebug and i don't know what kind of mini bike he has. BUT I DO KNOW THE BIKES I POSTED LOOK A LOT ALIKE AND IF YOU DONT' SEE IT THEN YOUR STUPID OR JUST BEING AN ASSHOLE"
how about this, whats a doodle bug? can you post a picture of one for me? As a moderator do you do anything helpful? Your making this forum look bad. Even your regular members can see that. I hope they don't send you anywhere as a oldminibike ambassador. What else do you have to say about the fukin pic? i still don't care what you think, but i get a good laugh at you knowing your such a dipshit and you spent 5g's on a dui on a fuking mini bike. oh and getting a dui on a mini gives them and responsable people a bad name and doesn't promote safty. Does this site really need someone like you? I don't want police to look down on mini riders because one jackass likes to drink and drive. That alone proves how fukin stupid you are and I'm not suprised you are still complaining about the pic, your an asshat and that will never change. I even apologized for the wrong pic, and that wasn't good enough for you. How else will you show your a moron? How about you keep beating a dead horse, lets hear what else you have to say about this subject....I'm sure you bitching more will make everythign better. man all this cuz i posted the wrong pic....I dont' know if i'll visit this site much longer, I dont' want to get harrassed everytime I post.

+1 on the frame looking to be an Alexander and Reynolds in origin.
Kid does good work:thumbsup::hack::grind::weld:

INMHO needs something changed up in the seat area (different contour on the foam an cover maybe) to make it perfect for that style bike:wink:

How does it ride if it has been ridden?
That is a different type drive setup looks like it would be one long legged gear.
Big tire small sprocket (looks like a v belt pulley) and the clutch looks like it has alot of teeth too.
He said it's fast, and rides nice. I'll see if he can send me a vid of him riding it. I don't konw anything about the drive set up. I'll ask him more about it tomorrow.
I don't want to post any wrong info if you know what i mean. some people around here don't take kindly to that.

i'm not going to harass you. i think what your friend did is cool.

you're the one that got all bent out of shape about this. i wasn't being an asshole and just went off of what you posted.
Actually you got bent out of shape and you still are lol. I don't know what kind of bike is in the first pic, i never claimed any of the pics to be a DOODLEBUG, YOU DID. I just said, this bike looked kinda like this before he did anywork on it. I NEVER claimed it was a doodlebug or that the pic WAS the bike. So you are not going by what i posted. you are going by what the picture is. MY POST SAID IT LOOKED KINDA LIKE THIS BUT WASN'T THE ACTUAL BIKE' and they do look similar, no matter how fuking much you want to nitpick on the details, they look somewhat alike! it's easy to see that the
1st picture does look like the bike did before he cut it apart. You are bent out of shape becuase you won't let it go, i said it's not the fukin bike, and you keep acting like i claimed it was. AT NO TIME DID I SAY 'THIS IS THE BIKE AND IT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THIS" DID I? ..nooooooooooo i didn't. I said it looked like this, do you get that yet? Like if i posted a picture of a donkey and said it was you, people would understand what i'm talking about (you being a jackass) without it actually being a picture of YOU, do you get that yet? or are you dumb? I will repeat myself,. i did not claim it was the bike at any time. i said it started out similar to that bike and was transformed into something amazing by a dad and son who put hours of work into it. So if you want to hahahahain cry about it go somewhere else, you are BANNED from my thread, I don't care if your a moderator or not. I don't want you to post in my threads, you jsut want to start shit, and you don't contribute anything but bitchin and i already have a g/f for that. Goodbye, i don't want to hear anything else you have to say about the topic. If you post again your just doing so to harrass me, that' why you wouldn't let it go already. You say your not harassing, but you refuse to let it die. So keep it up, maybe you'll be the 1st mod to get banned for harrassment.:thumbsup: