My Jr Dragbike

AndrewC

Here is some progress on my jr Dragbike.

Its got a GX440 clone in it and will run a Jr dragster rear tyre and Bully turbo clutch.

More progress to follow complete billet GX440 to come.

Nice, where d the front forks come from? Love the big tube backbone frame. If you close up the back you could make it a fuel tank.

AndrewC

I imported the forks myself they are off a pit bike but are slightly modified.

The back bone has been left open so once the steering head is finish welded I can clean out the inside and weld up, I may use it as the tank but I have not decided.

I have done a lot more to the rear end, its pretty much tacked together just need to add wheelie bar mounts and dzus tabs for the fibreglass.

When I have added the jack shaft ill take some more photos on the primary belt drive and the rear end.

Cheers Coxy.

Last edited:

deejaaa

that is nice looking mate!
did that front wheel come with the forks? if not, where did you get it? can you get the outside diameter of it?

that is nice looking mate!
did that front wheel come with the forks? if not, where did you get it? can you get the outside diameter of it?
The rim is a 12inch mini dirt bike rim with a Pirelli 110 squeezed into on it, I got it from the same company that I bought the forks off. I import parts from China as part of my side business, I also import clone engines and other things. The one on this at the moment is a 390clone but I have a 200s, 420s, 440s here also.

The rim is a 12inch mini dirt bike rim with a Pirelli 110 squeezed into on it, I got it from the same company that I bought the forks off. I import parts from China as part of my side business, I also import clone engines and other things. The one on this at the moment is a 390clone but I have a 200s, 420s, 440s here also.
i'm impressed. i have accounts with alibaba, aliexpress, madeinchina, a couple from india, but shipping is killer. dhl and china express must be owned by their government. parts costing 150.00 cost 300.00 to ship. at least to the states they do.

What top speed ate you trying to get out of it?
Have no idea at this stage, it's actually designed for juniors to race as Australia does not have a jr drag bike class. That being said it is my test bike so I will build something in the range of 40hp. I do have plans to make and sell billet gx engines and components, so it will eventually have a complete billet engine yielding about 500cc with the possibility of nitrous or even mechanical injection and nitro.

Coxy.

i'm impressed. i have accounts with alibaba, aliexpress, madeinchina, a couple from india, but shipping is killer. dhl and china express must be owned by their government. parts costing 150.00 cost 300.00 to ship. at least to the states they do.
Shipping to Aus is petty good depending on the supplier, I got 6 engine in earlier this year for $200usd. The duties really cost the most but it depends on what company you import with. I got one set of forks, rim and a few other pieces Dhl express from china, cost me $80 in freight but got here to the most remote part of Australia in 4 days.

I was impressed, but I believe that the speed in which you parts comes depends on how much your trading company uses that particular freight company.