My Motorcycle was messed with at my work!

Can you believe that crap? Our lot is on a hill that's somewhat secluded and is right next to the building and always has workers going from building to building during the day.

So 4pm rolls around and I get out to my Honda xl500r and try to start it.. Nothing, And someone even flipped the mirrors around. Im like WTF? So I Fix the mirrors and try kicking it again ....Nothing......

This Bike has 9k on it and is damn near perfect. And even in the dead of winter or a St Louis summer it has always started on the first kick.

So Im thinking "Ok maybe I left the Fuel on and its flooded the carb". But that cant be, I had Just Turned it on!

So I get off of it and I could smell the gas from kicking it and I felt around the carb but didnt see any moisture........Then I Saw the problem.....

Some Dirt bag pulled the Plug wire off and shoved it up under the tank.
The plug is damn near on the top of the engine so it isn't noticeable until you look for it. Luckily that's all they did. I Snapped it back on and the bike fired up but it was flooded a bit. I Had to fish this thing out so whoever did it took the time to weave it up in there.

I get along with all of my co-workers and I don't think I Want to jump to the conclusion someone at work would do it.... But there isn't anyone else around there. And we don't have any real young pranksters there. Everyone is over 30 yrs old and most of the joking is pretty sedate and kept to the shop.

Hell, For a minute there I was thinking I was going to have to figure out a way home for me and the bike. :(

I never understood why people would screw with other peoples stuff.
Granted this isn't a 20k Harley or something but hell, Im worried about even taking my New Triumph there now!

Sorry.....I just Needed to vent. :sadcrying4::sadcrying4:

Last edited:
It was a test of your mechanical skills. LOL Shoot the scum bag if you catch him.
With the higher gas prices Portland is teeming with bikes ( The peddle powered ones ) So lets get a movement started to allow mini bikes in the bicycle lanes all we need is flashing lights and a lighted flag.
Steve

rudedog

Hey, I agree, I took my Taurus to the paint shop about a month or so ago. Couldn't get the shop or any neighbors to give me a ride home, so before I left, I threw the mini in the trunk. Took the car, dropped it off, unloaded the mini, got a "damn, he really did bring it" look from the shop guy, jumped on, and took off. Then I got a "damn, he's really gonna ride it home" look from him, LOL. It was only like 2 miles, but still, bike lane the whole way. I even stopped in to BurgerKing for a burger, Coke, and fries. I say F*CK 'EM if they can't take a joke!!!!

There you have it!!! Always been my thought!!!, and if the cops don't like it, they can take my bike, got to catch me first!!!, I can always go to the shed and pull out a nother one!!!!
dave

Well it looks like they just needed a excuse to install video cameras on the lot. They had someone come out today to eyeball where they need to be placed.

I should be thankful my bike didn't get fubard but it still erks me that people think that its ok to fiddle fart with other peoples property.

one time we at a racer track and some kid we had no idea who he was took off on are moped when we caught up to him his excuse was he thought they were the tracks and that any one could take them

One trick my buddies use to play on each other was flipping the kill switch on the handle bars. Alot of people never check it and cant figure out why the hell it wont start. Happened to me one night :( felt pretty dumb