My new Rupp Dart Kart

just got this one and am not sure of the model? It came out of a barn but smells like it was under the barn! Man its agot a cool tank though! I never saw one like it before. Its about 4" wide and 18" long cyclinder tank. It must hold 3 gallons of gas? If you looked at the bottom it doesnt look like it was run much, unforetunatly it sat in a bad spot for a long time. Anyone know what model or have any info???

Dart Karts are Kool

Nice find.

The only info I can give you is that you've got one of the earlier models (pre-1964 or 1965?..I think). Earlier models had the wider steering "hoop". Later 1960's models had a narrower steering "hoop".

Also I think if yours came with the 2 engine plates it was for racing purposes as opposed to the "run of the mill" models...........OR SO I WAS TOLD AT SOME POINT IN MY PAST.

Here's photos of mine with the narrower , late 60's, steering "hoop".

Enjoy your Dart Kart.

C9H13NO3

Hey smallbikes, can you post pics of where the bearings flangettes bolt to? Also pics of the pedals? I think my kart may have started life as the same kart as yours.

The kart looks like it's a 1959 or '60. I am saying that because it looks like it has a 1/2" steering shaft and in 1961, race karts changed to 5/8" steering shafts. The tank is a Palmini, which I'm sure you know, since both the tank and cap are marked. Very cool tank. Very nice find! I can't see the wheels, but they are either Hands or Palmini's. The upholstery looks super nice! Maybe a good scrub and some Fabreeze will get it smelling better. I picked up a kart one time after a 6 hour drive and the upholstery smelled like cat pee. I almost left it there because I wasn't going to drive 6 hours with it in my truck, but figured out how to strap it to the outside of my truck and it made it home. It was pretty traumatic, since I didn't notice that is smelled so bad until I put it in the truck and the smell stayed for about an hour with the windows down in 35 degree weather. I get dry heaves just thinking about it! Cats have no appreciation for vintage stuff!

KB2ROCKET

Nice find.

The only info I can give you is that you've got one of the earlier models (pre-1964 or 1965?..I think). Earlier models had the wider steering "hoop". Later 1960's models had a narrower steering "hoop".

Also I think if yours came with the 2 engine plates it was for racing purposes as opposed to the "run of the mill" models...........OR SO I WAS TOLD AT SOME POINT IN MY PAST.

Here's photos of mine with the narrower , late 60's, steering "hoop".

Enjoy your Dart Kart.

im diggin the heated and re-striaghtened forks you know that bike has a fun history

This an extremely old post, but the kart is a 1960 Dart Kart Super"K" manufactured in Mansfield, Ohio. I had one and raced it in the early to mid 60's.

just got this one and am not sure of the model? It came out of a barn but smells like it was under the barn! Man its agot a cool tank though! I never saw one like it before. Its about 4" wide and 18" long cyclinder tank. It must hold 3 gallons of gas? If you looked at the bottom it doesnt look like it was run much, unforetunatly it sat in a bad spot for a long time. Anyone know what model or have any info???

Too bad those old screaming engines are so rare. I remember seeing folks in the early sixties, smoking around school parking lots on the weekends. I was so jealous.

I have heard stories about kids going to the parking lot and riding the go karts around and no one cared... I even talked to a dealer who said he rode his go kart to collage and back home again everyday with no trouble from anyone. I have even heard stories about kids ridding their mini bike and or go kart inside the parks. I was surprised to hear that. That has changed...
Now today there are always some old hag somewhere that has the police on speed dial. These people need to get a life.

In Ohio in the 70's if the school busses did not run because of snow, school was NOT CLOSED. We were on our own to get
there. Some students drove big tractors with trailers and picked up their friends, there were snowmobiles and minibikes all over the parking lot. I had a Heathkit Boonie bike with a ski on the front wheel. Right down the train tracks, across the golf course, down Main Street and into the high school parking lot.