my speedway project long and low!

so i was going thru the project sections on here and i seen OLE4's speedway project...and remembered that there was a frame at motor city mini's for sale
so i started reading up...
i was WOWED at the way his bike is turning up so i wanted to build a bike that style extended swing arm and stuff

and i have a broken x8 super pocket bike i stole the breaks,rims,tires,handlebars

and started throwing stuff togeather the bike has the factory forks and swing arm that im not going to use...but they came with it so i took them too if anyone is in need of them let me kno!

the pocket bike sprockets wont work on a minibike so i had to fab a sprocket buy welding 2 sprockets togeather i baught some 7/8 DOM tubing for the swing arm im waiting on dimentions then im gonna start working on that...

and the welds are not bad for a $100 HF welder!

I have one of these too, mine came with a salsbury 330 torque converter...I don't know if they were factory like that.Still gathering parts at the moment.I am in need of the fork bushings and I want to get different handle bars.

the white plastic bushings that ate inside the neck of the bike? if u need them there yours i got a diff set of forks then those tho mine have internal springs

updates

i made myself an extended swing arm thanx to ole4 for taking his time to help me out with the measurements... i welded it togeather and put the gussets in now its time to make the brackets that the rim and tire bolt on to and level it out for the spring brackets

longer for looks and balance cause i plan on running a modded torq a verter with a built predator and i dont want to flip on my ass i wanna spin the tire lol

i wanted to run my torq averter on this by ditching the backing plate and just running the driven pully on the jackshaft under the engine plate will this be possable or the way the tav are setup can only work on the back plate ??

125ccCrazy

i wanted to run my torq averter on this by ditching the backing plate and just running the driven pully on the jackshaft under the engine plate will this be possable or the way the tav are setup can only work on the back plate ??
as long as you keep the clutches in line and get the right length belt it will work...the clutches don't know any different..the backplate is just a way of mounting the clutches without having to have a jackshaft..

I tried a tav 30 but it hit the plate, then tried to take it off the plate and it would not fit in the slot cause the inside mechanisim with the ramps is wider than the hole in the motor mount plate. Next time there is a speedway driven on ebay I will pay closer attention to its width. Or it could be is is smaller in diameter and fits under the motor mount plate. I'm sure they came with a torque converter with the driven on the jackshaft.

there was a speedway driven unit and jackshaft on ebay but it was a buy it now for 79 bucks and it looked rough. Should have copied the picture for reference.

That is the same one if you look close at it it appears the outer lip of the pulley is a little bit buggered up but should work. I just wouldnt want to spend that much on it and maybe it fits maybe not, but it certainly should. I am guessing they used the 20 series with symetrical belts. The tav 30 needs a asymetrical belt and it would be harder to find the correct length for our speedways. For that money I would get a new one from BMI. Just need to know if it will actually fit. If anyone had a speedway like ours and it has a torque converter please let us know what kind it is and the diameter (6 or 7 inche)

yes plz people we wanna launch and spin tires and go sideways

That is the same one if you look close at it it appears the outer lip of the pulley is a little bit buggered up but should work. I just wouldnt want to spend that much on it and maybe it fits maybe not, but it certainly should. I am guessing they used the 20 series with symetrical belts. The tav 30 needs a asymetrical belt and it would be harder to find the correct length for our speedways. For that money I would get a new one from BMI. Just need to know if it will actually fit. If anyone had a speedway like ours and it has a torque converter please let us know what kind it is and the diameter (6 or 7 inche)

Well I bought the salsbury from the guy on the board here and it does not fit as the center section of the driven unit hits the enging plate where it is folded down. I looks close enough that if I remove that lip that was folded down on the motor plate it might clear. I measured the tav 30 and thought it would clear but I will measure both to see if either will clear. Have to figure a way to cut on the plate without messing up the paint.