My Swap Meet Finds from the Oregon Vintage Motoryclists Show!

I had a great at the OVM Show & Swap Meet last weekend. I didn't enter my Ding How in the show but I did ride it all over the field to many a big smile from other attendees. The kids really liked it too and kept coming over to check it out and the adults would take pictures-good times! Here's my booth with the D-H on my new fancy-schmanchy display stand....

Anyways, there wasn't a few minibikes in the show like there was last year (weather was kinda nasty-lots of wind and rain) but I did OK with sales but even better with the buying. Here is the loot I found:

Clockwise from the 10 o'clock position, we have two older Lauson/Tecumseh 2.5HP engines with LOTS of great parts on them. They both have these cool extended oil fill funnels with built in dipstick (I immediately put one on the Ding How, as it was a pain to fill with the regular plug). Also, they both have real nice shape mini gas tanks and some kinda funky air cleaners I have never seen before plus good looking diaphragm carbs. The black Craftsman engine looks like it might be easy to get running, too....we will see.

Next up is a neat blue 1968 3HP Briggs & Stratton that would be ideal for my '68 Taco 22 if I can get it to go, looks pretty good all around so I think it will run.

Also found 10' of new in the bag Oregon #35 chain ($5!) a real nice Carlisle double Indian head 6" racing slick I think I will use on my Bonanza drag bike project, nice chrome Taiwan throttle with matching grip (new in the bag, $5), two sets of mini style handlebar clamps (with one set real nice deep chrome, $1 each!), a new in the bag Oregon kill switch ($1), and finally a live axle assembly I think off of a kart? but with some great parts on it (free, thrown in with Tec engines).

I also found a NOS Walbro/Clinton LMG-1 carburetor. Not sure what it is supposed to be for, lol, for but it sure is in nice shape! (other than a missing idle jet assembly, doh!).

Not a bad day's work at the swap meet! I really didn't expect to find much minibike stuff for sale so it was a nice surprise. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice scores:thumbsup: Be carefull with that fancy mini bike stand. I had one of those for my mini bike and went to use it the other day to get something out of the cabnet and it broke bad. I just put it out to the trash:laugh: Lesson learned:thumbsup: Ok for mini bike stand but not good to stand on:laugh:

You gettin to be a picker. Nice!:thumbsup:
he he. . thanks! yup, with the help of the knowledge I gained here! I actually have done antiques and collectibles, since like 1997 (and gear-head stuff since my whole life) but the minibike stuff is all fairly recent knowledge. :thumbsup:

Maybe OldMiniBikes should offer a degree program of some sort? graduate and you can put "OldMiniBikes" after your name? :laugh:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/medium/OldMiniBikes-Diploma.jpg

Last edited:
Nice scores:thumbsup: Be carefull with that fancy mini bike stand. I had one of those for my mini bike and went to use it the other day to get something out of the cabnet and it broke bad. I just put it out to the trash:laugh: Lesson learned:thumbsup: Ok for mini bike stand but not good to stand on:laugh:
yikes! I'm glad it was the stand and not you that "broke bad"!

I have a smaller one of these I use sometimes as a stool and it does seem a bit shaky to stand on, for sure. I almost had it fold up on me when not totally locked in place. This larger dold-o-stool is just the designated mini stand now. I've run the Ding How for like 30 minutes on it while tuning the carb and it was solid enough for that.