My trail bug wheel and the bearings from hell!!

Oldsalt

If you're not looking to restore the machine I'd paint the rims Argent Silver. Thats the paint used on steel rims in the 60 -70s on muscle cars. However, a contracting color can look really good. For enstance, if you paint the frame black, a yellow engine and wheels looks good. Of course a red frame with black engine and wheels seems to be a favorite. Chroming will cost an arm and a leg.

Oldsalt

Ruppster81
I have a passing familiarity with chrome plating. Have a complete plating set-up plus anodizing and etc. in my basement [I'm not married]. When he says he has a 5 step system and then says that the two extra steps are just more nickel HE IS TALKING THROUGH HIS HAT. Also, if he has the impression that chrome is soft he has never been involved with the task of machining it off a shaft with a lathe. Hell, everybody in the shop knows that press dies are sometimes chrome plated to attain a hard surface. Regarding the comment about chrome plate being a "beast" to remove: Never found that to be so. Its easy to do. Watch out for that guy.

How'd you make out Sherpa?....Ogy.
I ended up painting them, when i figured out what i still need, brakes, cables, a tire, a tank, a seat, a front hub, and a few rattle cans of metalic black. it roughly calculates to $103. which for me is alot. hopefully a friend of mine can make a make a tank, and the rest i'll get little by little. ill have pics of the wheels by tuesday afternoon, im going on vacation and will be far away from the computer....which is good and bad :thumbsup::sadcrying4:, but i can describe them...they've got a coat of brite silver....then i waited a day and gave em a 2nd coat, then i gave them a little over two days to dry...then clearcoat...upon inspection the next day i noticed the paint had reacted to the clearcoat weird. the clearcoat made the paint run, it sort of looks cool ill let you guys decide on tues, when i start the project log, have a good weekend everyone.