Need a small amount of 1.5" DOM tubing

Looking for some small pieces of 1.5" OD tubing around 1/6" thick or so. 6" or less would be fine, I only need two 2" long pieces.

I found some online, but shipping is $15 for a $4.50 piece of tubing. Throwing this out there to see if anyone has some scrap laying around that might fit the bill.

I don't have exactly what you're looking for, but I'll offer two alternatives you can have for just shipping cost, which is probably about $5 or less...

Steel 1.250" OD tubing, .045" wall thickness, smooth ID...

2024 billet aluminum, 1.5" OD, lathe-bored to any ID you want...

Whatcha makin'?

Thanks man, but I'll have to think about whether it'll work out.

What I'm doing is SACRILEGE! .... replacing fork springs to make a stiff front end.

* ducks *

So I have this old Atlas with absolutely ragged forks. Chrome is hosed, deep pitted rust, and springs fit for the trash. I was going to go the route of rust removal and spring replacement and such, but they are really far gone and it'll be cost prohibitive to try and get them back into condition, and even then any paint on the moving parts would likely rub off and rust up rather quickly.

Yesterday I had the springs off and the fork tubes in place fully compacted so that I could make sure I cut bushings to the perfect width as to pinch the forks preventing movement ... and I had an "A HA!" moment.

The bike looks freakin' awesome without springs, and has a much more appropriate lowered stance for what I'm going for (old-school-chopper meets new-school-supermoto look). Problem is, it'll be ugly if I try and cut/mangle out the spring cups and weld it solid, so I did some measuring and a 1.5" piece of tubing will fit nicely right inside the stock cups with a little bit of modification, and will really round out the finished look of the front end.

Older crappy cell phone mock-up pic I have (a lot has changed):

I realize that was a rather long explanation. :laugh:

Last edited:
If the Wall thickness proves to be to thick I have 1.5 dom with .095 wall. I can cut & face it off to what lenght you need. Just reimburse me for shipping.