Need brake advice

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/29118-bike-3-just-picked-up.html

Still looking for what bike I exactly have lol. Also MAIN info I need right now is what the original brake setup looked like, and what I can setup now (as the rear drum/shoes are new and I'd love to use them). Welding really isn't possible right now.

Any pics around of a similar setup I can base ideas on? If welding is necessary, anyone up for a paid job in a bit? ;) Worst case if this is beyond my ability, does anyone know a disc brake setup that would work well on here (preferably a simple bolt up). Obviously if I went disc I would need a new sprocket (or strip the pain off the current one).

Any/all help will be GREATLY appreciated :)

delray

looks like you have the drum style sprocket with the brake shoes and level. the only thing you need to fab up is the cable assy to hold every thing together.
i had to fab up something for one of my projects that use a drum. little different then yours ,but i would think you could fab something up with just some nuts and screws and some other misc parts. maybe these pictures can help?you may have to build little different style set screw set up.but the idle is still the same:smile:

looks like you have the drum style sprocket with the brake shoes and level. the only thing you need to fab up is the cable assy to hold every thing together.
i had to fab up something for one of my projects that use a drum. little different then yours ,but i would think you could fab something up with just some nuts and screws and some other misc parts. maybe these pictures can help?you may have to build little different style set screw set up.but the idle is still the same:smile:

Thanks delray :) Those pics did help give me a possible idea or two. Now to find the parts I'm picturing in my mind lol.