Need help on predator 212 Mods

A couple of friends have challenged me to construct a minibike or race kart and race them. There are only two rules. One, we have 30 days to build. Two, we must all start with the 100 dollar HF 6.5 predator engine. I never got into the mod side of small engines or HF engines for that matter. The engines are ordered and arrive early next week. I have seen there are different versions of this engine out there so may cause me an issue with getting a jump on the parts.

Question: If you were to take a new 6.5 212 Predator engine and setup to be the best engine it can be what all would you do?

Really appreciate any help

I have been planning on: aluminum flywheel, new cam, no governor, possibly shorter head or port and polish the stock one, maybe new valves? Billet lifters with bigger springs. Also planing on carburetor change with larger ports and cone filter. The exhaust will be custom so no need to purchase that. Just seems to be so many options across parts that I'm not certain exactly what works best all together.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just start searching and you will find post after post about exactly that. Search, search, search, google search and come back in to OldMiniBikes that way, YouTube search. You can't search enough, but it is all here. Everything that can be done to a Predator has been done, logged, posted, documented right here, start to finish. Seriously. Then if you gotta question, ask away and ten guys'll chime right in. But try search first and you won't get piled on. And good luck, this is fun stuff!!