Need some magnetron conversion info

I'm rebuilding an old briggs 5 horse, and I'd like to get rid of the points. What exactly do I need for the conversion? Will it still use my stock coil? I see the magnetrons for sale on ebay, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

You can buy either the converter unit or the Solid State Magneto.

I think you should get the Magneto, because they tend to stop working after 15 years or so.

I can't find the part number right now.:doah:

I just converted mine a few days ago. The Magnetron kit comes in a little box with full instructions. It clips into place on the stock coil. You connect one wire and you're done. I just bead blasted my original coil and reused it with the kit, which cost 14 dollars at my local small engine parts house.

Not having to ever worry about pulling the flywheel again down the road and fooling with the old points made the 14 dollars worth it to me.

I just converted mine a few days ago. The Magnetron kit comes in a little box with full instructions. It clips into place on the stock coil. You connect one wire and you're done. I just bead blasted my original coil and reused it with the kit, which cost 14 dollars at my local small engine parts house.

Not having to ever worry about pulling the flywheel again down the road and fooling with the old points made the 14 dollars worth it to me.
You should post up a part number for that !!!!!! Make it easier for us.:thumbsup: