New Baja Owner but not new to mini bikes

Hey All, Just picked up this Baja Minibike with literally no stickers or anything saying the model or engine size. From the research I did only using the serial number I have a hunch that it is a 2005 MB165 / HT65. I really don’t know much about these bikes but does that sound right? If anyone has any input about what they think it is that’s greatly appreciated. I have predator swapped a manco streaker and a wildcat before but they were death traps. I would like to do the same preadator 212 swap with this Baja. I’m new to the jackshaft tech though.
Another question: Would the swap be hard to do for this Baja? Would I have to eliminate the jackshaft or could I use it? I would like anything possible to keep the chain from popping off ( previous problem that kept happening to the streaker and wildcat.

would I need any adapter plates or anything else to make the predator swap work? Also would the stock Baja clutch work on the predator shaft? I could get a new clutch but uncertain about the chain size and shaft size. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
I went over the bike and do not see any cracks in the frame or engine plate. Thank you!

Attachments

Hey All, Just picked up this Baja Minibike with literally no stickers or anything saying the model or engine size. From the research I did only using the serial number I have a hunch that it is a 2005 MB165 / HT65. I really don’t know much about these bikes but does that sound right? If anyone has any input about what they think it is that’s greatly appreciated. I have predator swapped a manco streaker and a wildcat before but they were death traps. I would like to do the same preadator 212 swap with this Baja. I’m new to the jackshaft tech though.
Another question: Would the swap be hard to do for this Baja? Would I have to eliminate the jackshaft or could I use it? I would like anything possible to keep the chain from popping off ( previous problem that kept happening to the streaker and wildcat.

would I need any adapter plates or anything else to make the predator swap work? Also would the stock Baja clutch work on the predator shaft? I could get a new clutch but uncertain about the chain size and shaft size. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
I went over the bike and do not see any cracks in the frame or engine plate. Thank you!

Attachments

That's actually a VIN, there are websites for searching VINs. I think there are even sites for searching only Chinese VINs.

IMO, the Ducar 212 would be a much better choice than the Predator.
https://www.dynocams.com/item/212-1000/ducar212/

Both the Ducar and the Predator should be a bolt-in swap.

http://www.bajamotorsports.com/categories/minibikes

Those frames have been prone to cracking/breaking near the steering head, inspect it carefully, consider adding a gusset.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/check-your-frame-s.153828/

Thanks. I really don’t see any cracks at all. Now if the cracks are under the paint then I won’t know. I swapped a predator on to it last night. Just to see how it will ride. Hopefully will finish it up today and get to ride it. I wouldn’t mind welding gussets onto it. I’ll have to search around and see if they have any premade for this bike.

Predator swap is a waste of money. You'd be better off putting that money towards mods on the stock engine.

Like Charles said, if you want to do an engine swap do a Ducar 212.

If you're having issues with the chain staying on it's either a bent sprocket, severely worn sprocket, the engine and sprocket aren't aligned or it's not tensioned properly.

I already have a predator 212 ready to go. Swapped it out already but ran into a few snags. Right now the chain is too short to work. Also the jackshaft is screaming like a banshee when I rev it up. Not sure what’s going on there. The screaming stops when I let tension off the shaft pulley. I have it adjusted all the way back (loose) but the chain is still tight and screaming.

Attachments