new carbs?

I have a 6.5 clone and a 5.5 that both need a carb repair/rebuild/replace, would it be cost effective to just replace with new stock ones, rebuild them or upgrade to aftermarket HP ones? I wouldnt mind getting something better and adding some power to the 6.5 and im going to run a header/muffler on both eventually. advise please.

125ccCrazy

call before ordering from him. i got mine from him and he said he wasn't going to carry the 22mm ones anymore. he wasn't selling many since pit bike guys don't really use them.
I don't understand that as I have compared the 22,24,25 and 26mm taper bore mikunis and all measure the same at the bore "22mm" and "26mm" at the gasket surface, only difference I noticed were some had 95 mains and others had 100 mains but they all measured the same... All I have found is different sellers sell them as different sizes, why?? I have no clue but when they sell them as 22mm the price is more due to demand I suppose because they are so popular on small cc pitbikes and the clones....wierd..

if I was to order a carb and adapter from there, which "intake kit" fitting would I need to buy. I'm putting it on an engine in a doodlebug. They are both angled differently.

125ccCrazy

if I was to order a carb and adapter from there, which "intake kit" fitting would I need to buy. I'm putting it on an engine in a doodlebug. They are both angled differently.
those are for pitbike engines (honda trail70 style engine), those won't even remotely come close to working... You can get an briggs animal intake and modify the mounting holes to fit the clone or spend $45 on an alum intake from NR or various other sellers..

I don't understand that as I have compared the 22,24,25 and 26mm taper bore mikunis and all measure the same at the bore "22mm" and "26mm" at the gasket surface, only difference I noticed were some had 95 mains and others had 100 mains but they all measured the same... All I have found is different sellers sell them as different sizes, why?? I have no clue but when they sell them as 22mm the price is more due to demand I suppose because they are so popular on small cc pitbikes and the clones....wierd..
that's what he told me. he said he wasn't selling enough so he wasn't going to carry them anymore.

if you have a 6.5 clone, modify a Briggs Animal intake (bolt holes on the engine side just need to be filed some) or get an adapter from AGK. if you're running the stock 2.8, these carbs are too big and no one makes an adapter for them.