New doodlebug engine vibration, chain??

Finally took my new doodlebug for a ride tonight....As soon as I give it some gas to go......... "What a engine vibration" :shrug: I thought the engine was loose. I looked at the chain and it was tighter than :censure: I just loosened the chain some, I had to move the engine way back because the chain adjuster was all the way up. I hope that was the problem :shrug::eek:ut: Has any body else had this problem with a new db?? Oh, and I oiled the clutch some.

It's a problem for anyone 100#s or more, it's the poor little engine trying too hard to carry you along! I have had 3 stockers that all did it! I did engine swaps on two right away, and left the like new one stock and I let my 7yo girl ride it and it perfomed great till easter weekend when it was ridden for a couple of hours straight. It lost power and started smoking and puking oil out the breather. I did a swap on it and got her a nice original 1970 Bird wren, sold on DB and I still have two with clones! The stock engine simply will not last long without a jackshaft kit to gear it differently, if you are a responsible adult you just need to do the 6.5 swap and be done!:thumbsup:

I just put one of the HF 6.5 engines on my ruttman a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll put that on the DB and use the 3hp Tecumseh engine I got on the ruttman. I can't beleive that DB engine is that bad :doah: I only weigh 115 pounds. :thumbsup:

I just put one of the HF 6.5 engines on my ruttman a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll put that on the DB and use the 3hp Tecumseh engine I got on the ruttman. I can't beleive that DB engine is that bad :doah: I only weigh 115 pounds. :thumbsup:
You'll probably making the right choice, I love my cloned DBs and I'm 210#s!

Yea, You will be very happy when you put a clone in a DB. It's awsome! Although the Db will probably shake just as much when you install a 6.5 clone.
The little stock engines shake due to lack of power, actually they shudder and buck due to the power load and the location on the plate. The 6.5s on mine dont do it, they are smooth and powerful. The DBs are great for every owner's need, if you know what you want from it there are products to get you there. I reccomend a 6.5 swap for experienced riders from 12yrs old to very old!:thumbsup:

The little stock engines shake due to lack of power, actually they shudder and buck due to the power load and the location on the plate. The 6.5s on mine dont do it, they are smooth and powerful. The DBs are great for every owner's need, if you know what you want from it there are products to get you there. I reccomend a 6.5 swap for experienced riders from 12yrs old to very old!:thumbsup:
Mine shacks some. I also put rubber washers under the engine to help the vibration a bit. It helps.