New from Bama

Hey guys! I've been lurking for a couple of days and decided to join. I don't have a mini yet but I have a lead on one for free. I picked up a Briggs 5 horse today from my mini bike lead that wouldn't start. I pulled the flywheel and the key was sheared. I put another one in and started it up.It smoked a little so I'm going to rebuild it. I have a 69 Wheel Horse garden tractor that is going to be a toy so I may put the Briggs on it. The M18 Kohler I was going to use is to big. I'll keep you posted on the mini bike annd post pics if it goes as planned.

View attachment 28705 View attachment 28706

Hey guys! I've been lurking for a couple of days and decided to join. I don't have a mini yet but I have a lead on one for free. I picked up a Briggs 5 horse today from my mini bike lead that wouldn't start. I pulled the flywheel and the key was sheared. I put another one in and started it up.It smoked a little so I'm going to rebuild it. I have a 69 Wheel Horse garden tractor that is going to be a toy so I may put the Briggs on it. The M18 Kohler I was going to use is to big. I'll keep you posted on the mini bike annd post pics if it goes as planned.

View attachment 28705 View attachment 28706
BJ welcom to the site,you will like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

zeeman

Hey Alabama guys! I am originally from The Anniston area. Glad to see some more southern guys. Welcome to a great site.

buckeye

Another Alabama member. Soon we will have to have a southeren mini bike swap and tell lies about how fast our minis are. Fairhope Alabama checkin in.

zeeman

Ride On! I wish there was enough interest to have a swap meet. It does not seem like there are near as many people into the mini bike scene down here.

buckeye

I agree. Only stuff you see around here for sale anyway,are doodlebugs and the like. I think from what I have seen,there is about 5-6 alabama folks here. Need more interest. Anyway,what a beautiful day in L.A.(Lower Alabama)

Thanks guys! I haven't seen the mini that I may get. It is the son to a guy I used to work with that lives near me.It may turn out being a doodlebug or something.Not much intrest around monkeytown. A swap meet would be cool. You guys that live around where they have swap meets and shows are lucky. Later

The mini bike turned out to be a mini atv.Oh well,I told him I would take it anyway. Maybe able to use some parts like disc brakes on one when I find it or maybe get it running and trade for a mini bike.