New From SoCal

Cool Site! Some of the old-school mini bikes I've seen on this site bring back a lot of memories!

Well, both of my boys, ages 8 & 10 are now getting the need for speed!

So, the wife and I were talking the other night, and she had mentioned that her Dad still has there old mini bike in the garage after all these years (40 to be exact!) I've seen it laying in a corner once, and just turned my head and said "no way". Quite sometime back, 20-25 years ago, the wife's two older brothers decided they were going to get the old mini running again, but of course, never did. So, after seeing what some of you guys have done to bring back the old days, I thought I might give this old machine a try and make it my boys first mini.
Attached / below are a few pictures of what I have to work with. Seems the 'brothers' liked to disassemble things, right down to the carburetor jets, and piston. A basket case this is! An emblem/logo on the forks indicates "Quarter Horse", thinking probably from around the late 60's timeframe. Not sure of the engine, perhaps a Tecumseh.
I've done some initial web searches, but could sure use some good websites on locating some original parts, recommendations or tech stuff if anyone has rebuilt one of these.

Thanks in advance! I'll post up more pix as the project gets going!

Bob
Oceanside, CA