New guy from down under down under saying hi !

Hi to you guys , from Tasmania which is the island at the bottom of Australia . My name is Mick and I have been into bikes for over 40 years now and can remember most these old things when they were new . I was born in La Jolla CA but moved to Australia when I was still a toddler . Lately have been into buying old bikes ect as it seems to be popular the world over . At the moment am helping a mate restore a deltek rockhoppper . Have intrest in Rokons and finally brought brand new one a few years back , they're a mini bike of sorts just two wheel drive . I personally would love a savage scooters super savage with brand new 820 us power ( westbend ) but I think I have buckley's chance of getting one , has anyone ever seen one ? I would love a 61 model made in Berkley CA . Cheers for now Mick .

Thanks for the nice welcome . Have been searching this site and there is some great stuff here, and I think there is alot the same thoughts on this early stuff both sides of the pond . I'LL try and post a photo of my Scout . I am going to make an offer on a honda ATC70 today or soon this week . Cheers Mick .

Hey DZL , I have uploaded a photo of my Rokon , I ordered the Kohler engine because it was American and when you pay 11K Aud you want it be made of the finest materials available to man . I was wrong made in china ,nearly every piece on it . But I love it , with the help of the great guys over at Rokonworld we have got some decent performance ( climbing and response not out and out racing ). I would love a 2 stroke Rokon with westbend 820 engine . Cheers Mick .

with the help of the great guys over at Rokonworld we have got some decent performance
Yep, the old boys over there are a good bunch, RokonBob lives just South of me and we have had several dealings. He is the builder of the SuperScooter.

He never told me about that scooter , and here I was raving on to him about the scooter my brother did a huge italian chainsaw motor and then when everybody was watching stacked it oh so spectactuly . We had deltex mini bikes and Geminis that had a swingarm rear ,and quite a few home made jobs dad built us most used victa lawnmower motors ,160cc . And that sort of stuck with us over the years . My middle b rother sells chinese import mini bikes , but also has 20-30 bike collection of old cool minis . I used to have a good selection of european bikes on and off roaders , thats shrunk to my three favorites , when I moved down to Tassie and had to sell two of those to finance the Rokon . Cheers Mick .