New guy from ontario Canada

shaky

Hi all , just saying hi , I must say I like this forum so far , lots of good info as Ive just picked up my 1st mini bike , its a DB30 ,
any 1 else here from Ontario Canada out here ????

any 1 else here from Ontario Canada out here ????

Yes.

But you type funny.
Pretend you are typing to your dad when posting here.
No run on sentneces or that strange texting dialect you kids speak.
Always add a U after the O in ever word and an E after R as required.

Example:
"Is a litre of aviation gasoline is coloured blue, or red ?"

fyc

I am in Ontario too. I picked up my DB30 in the States a few weeks ago. Learning lots from the forums.

Is there a retailer who sells them locally in Ontario? How about parts? I can not seem to find anybody but US retailers online, and shipping is expensive.

Would love to pick up another one.

I am in Ontario too. I picked up my DB30 in the States a few weeks ago. Learning lots from the forums.

Is there a retailer who sells them locally in Ontario? How about parts? I can not seem to find anybody but US retailers online, and shipping is expensive.

Would love to pick up another one.
There is Kartworks Canada NR racing Canada.

Most Canadian supliers are just dropp shippers.
Odds are its going to be the same or less to import parts from the USA

Bike parts themselves Source 1 Imports in Sudbury will get them for you probably cheaper than any other place in Canada

Last edited:

shaky

Ok , I was just out messing with the D B , The motor that came with it has issues with idle prev owner told me , BUT I just happen to have a barely used 7 1/2 hp briggs motor kickin around , so tried fitting that in,,no issues as I just have drill 2 holes to mount the engine.....have a 17 tooth cent clutch , bike has 70 tooth sprocket , tire is 16 inchs tall...stock rim . o yeah I need to find a new fuel tank as stock briggs to big. another issue I had was briggs muffler was to tall , so I used muffler off old motor but had to ream mounting holes to briggs motor...( I will be looking for header type exhaust as well as after market breather(filter) ...that's it so far today , go back out after BRUINS game , Go Boston

Ok , I was just out messing with the D B , The motor that came with it has issues with idle prev owner told me , BUT I just happen to have a barely used 7 1/2 hp briggs motor kickin around , so tried fitting that in,,no issues as I just have drill 2 holes to mount the engine.....have a 17 tooth cent clutch , bike has 70 tooth sprocket , tire is 16 inchs tall...stock rim . o yeah I need to find a new fuel tank as stock briggs to big. another issue I had was briggs muffler was to tall , so I used muffler off old motor but had to ream mounting holes to briggs motor...( I will be looking for header type exhaust as well as after market breather(filter) ...that's it so far today , go back out after BRUINS game , Go Boston
Stop right there!

Thats a big engine and its going to be complicated and potentialy costly.
Do not butcher the frame or buy anything untill you measure and are sure it will work.

Much wiser choice is to buy a 6.5 or 7 hp clone at Princess auto
Its a smaller engine and much cheaper and easier to soup one up

shaky

Db 30

Stop right there!

Thats a big engine and its going to be complicated and potentialy costly.
Do not butcher the frame or buy anything untill you measure and are sure it will work.

Much wiser choice is to buy a 6.5 or 7 hp clone at Princess auto
Its a smaller engine and much cheaper and easier to soup one up

Thanx newoldstock ,, I am a true newbie to this and am willing to listen to any advise you guys are willing to share.
As for the fit of the engine ,aside from having to drill 2 holes for mounting and relocating a gas tank , I havnt run into any other issues ..( so far ) havnt spent any money except for cost of bike ( 70 ) bucks ..

N O S , have you done this swap before ? thanx for your advise Shaky
think I will start a build thread