New guy from SoCal, where can I ride these things?

Racer M

Howdy all, I live in San Juan Capistrano and am looking at getting my first mini bike to goof around on. Wanted one when I was a kid and was reminded how cool these things are while watching "Vanishing Point."

I guess my first question to you all is, where can I ride my bike? I figure I can jam around the neighborhood incognito but I don't think the wife is going to be too keen on me riding it this way (aka "Why do you want it, if you can't even ride it?" and "You're going to get a ticket riding that thing!")

if you don't have land to ride on, you pretty much have to do a quick blast around the neighborhood and stick it in the garage. cops can take your mini if they feel like being a dick too.

i used to take my kids to a large co parking lot on weekends & holladays,to run ther
1/4 midgets,not near homes so people dont call police to complane about noies;
hope this helps.:scooter::scooter:

Racer M

Thanks for the responses!

The MX guys I work with warned me about the cops. And the parking lots are a good idea, but everyone has security now and even kick people out that are trying to teach kids to drive.

Did some snooping on offroad spots to ride and figure Holy Jim trail is the closest spot.Any other suggestions?

NewAge

Minibikes practically have a bounty on them in California, make sure that you have a good silencer to keep the noise to a minimum and then google earth your local area to find some out of the way places, stick and move, and if you get caught play dumb and tell them that you didn't know and that it won't happen again :wink:

don't ride after drinking beers either. the cops don't like that.

as long as we're not being dumb the cops generally leave us alone where i ride.