New guy in Florida

Hello,

I grew up on a Cat but figured my mini biking days were done 30 years ago. My son will be five years old soon so I decided to start looking for a Cat or something similar for him. What I found instead was a '72 Super Bronc VT-7 in good, mostly original condition. Man, what a neat little bike! We have some sandy horse pastures and a trail I made that is very swampy during the rainy season. The Super Bronc will be well suited for our property and can help out with some of the chores once I locate a trailer hitch.

I just wanted to say hello and express my appreciation for the site. It has been a great resource for me already. I'd like to hear from other OMBers in the area. We live between Tampa and Plant City. Maybe we can get a group together to bomb around our place one of these weekends.

Hey TampaTech,

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

You guys will love that Heald bike !

My four year old and I go trail riding all the time on ours...Cadman tells me "go in to the mud Daddy !"...the muddier the better....

These things are plows....ours has made it through every nasty looking mud hole we've attempted...(Windber was a mess, and the super bronc kept on gettin' it)

Anyway, welcome to you and your son...glad to see some more southerners joining up to the OldMiniBikes !

Thanks for the welcome BrooklynBob. I see we used to be neighbors. I grew up down the road from you in Adrian.

RobertC, thanks! I am a big fan of these old bikes now. I don't know why I never bumped into one sooner but I was hooked as soon as I saw one for the first time. I will keep looking for a bike for my son but I think I have a while until he's old enough and he is enjoying riding with me in the meantime. The Bronc will be well tested and usually dirty around here.

buckeye

Welcome to the fun.:thumbsup:

I like how the story starts out, looking for a bike for the son.
Comes full circle to looking for a bike for your son, after you got yours.:laugh: Awesome!!
And a great bike to have. I had the chance to ride a couple of them and they are tanks! And great rides. I have a VT-5 and love it. Most comfortable bike I own.

Check with chatten63 on the hitch. He may be able to help ya. Or talk ya out of your bike.:laugh:

markus

welcome, saw that Bronc when it was for sale just a little north of me, thats alot of bike! :thumbsup: Very cool you'll be able to utilize it, I technically cant even justify owning the little bikes over here near the beach and bitchy old farts with the Police on speed dial.

Thanks for the lead on a hitch Buckeye. I bet I am not the old dad that failed to find a ride for his kid but dragged one home for himself instead. :laugh:

I am glad to see some other west Florida folks on here. Your Rupp on ebay is a beauty Markus. It's a little too pretty for my young son though. Let me know if you have anything pre-scratched that you're willing to part with. And I remember running from the law more than once when I was a kid. I suppose they might take it more seriously if they found a forty-something year old guy behind the handle bars.