New guy..well not actually

In reality I'm an old guy, or more like old skool guy, that's why they call me PAP. I grew up with mini bikes and go karts and anything else that used gas or gunpowder. That was about 40 yrs ago. When I was 17, I had back surgery and my doctor recommended that I give up racing to heal. With that said, me mudder made me sell my racing kart and my Harley Davidson X-90. Oh well....I was getting into cars and chicks then anyhow.
Fast forward.....I now have 7 grandsons, from 1 yr old to 11. In an effort to keep them from being digitally retarded non- mechanical baptists, I am requiring them help me in the shop upon their every visit. To keep their interest, we work on things that they can ride. The oldest one named this program "PAP Mechanical University".
Things were pretty tame for a while, until one had a hankerin' for a mini bike. Then it was like Christmas in July. He was so excited when we acquired a project bike, he and I made a deal. He would come every Thursday and work on it, and I had to match his hours( or vise versa). Of course this came with homework....I gave him a handful of bolts and nuts and told him to study them. I want to know all the sizes and what size wrench fits them...there will be a test. Well, he learned that quicker than his regular school work.
Which leads me to realize, MAN, how things have changed in 40 yrs. I need to re-ed-a ma cate myself on all the new stuff, new motors, new lingo. So if I sound silly or green, it's just me tryin' to catch up.

PAP

Well, I think I have one converted, at least he's not afraid to get his hands dirty. He sure likes to clean parts off in the blasting cabinet...he told his dad he's now a "master blaster". Although I know this ain't gonna be cheap, but I know that "mechanical therapy" has to be better than "psycho-therapy".