New Guy.

I am pumped!!! I had a Taco 44 when I was 12 and rode it to death. Repowered it with a 5hp B&S when the 3hp went south (soon after I figured out how to remove the air vane govenor). I graduated to a Bonanza Hodaka powered death machine, keeping the 44. As always, the 44 and Bonanza went off to someone else as I graduated to "real" motorcycles. This weekend I go to pick up a pool table for my daughter. The little fella was sitting in a dark corner of the garage, neglected. I asked the lady about it and she said take it. I figure I can fix it up for the grandson. I was elated to find it was a 44 or 100, not sure just yet, but it is a Taco. I found this site and knew I had this project dialed in. It will sit proudley next to my 1980 XS1100 and my 75 W200 Dodge, both of which I bought new (I like to hang onto things).
The seats missing, engine has 'bout 9 lbs of compression, nuthin I can't tackle. And yes, it will be painted purple. I was glad to find this site and find a bunch of people who don't act there age either.:drinkup:

Oldsalt

The first mini that I got for my eldest son when he was 4, he's now 49, was a Taco. Have only one picture of him rideing it. Would sure like to fine another. Tacos are cool. Your grandson deserves it. If the parents object there is only one thing to tell them. And that is: "What are you going to do when you and the child walk in my living room and there's a nice mini bike sitting there on the coffee table. And I tell to my grandchild that it belongs to him/her? What ya gonna do?...try to take it away?"

Vaxian

Ah, Nostalgia

All this Nostalgia is starting to get to me :crying:

I wasn't allowed to have a bike growing up, got my first bike (a Suzuki 250) when I was 19. All these stories of kids and their bikes choke me up a bit.

Making up for lost time though!
I'm 42 now and have 4 motorcycles (2 belong to my 7 yr old) and 2 minis working on the third.

How bout a pic of your bike, keep us posted!