new guy

rugblaster

hello all...........I've been a lurker for a while. Enjoy the board. I recently rebuilt a K&S Hornet I found in Brownfield, Texas via Craig's list. It was pretty much a basket case. (it had 1/2 inch all thread for axles and about four coats of paint on it) my next one I'm building for my younger brother. My older brother came up with a NOS kit, he thinks it is a later model Bird...I'll see if I can get the photos on here.

The K&S is also used as a power plant for a pusher bicycle....that is why it has that piece of square tubing welded behind the fork....I just take the fork off the mini bike and install a hitch for the bike. I still need a seat and a decal for the front.

Attachments

rugblaster

With it setup as a pusher is it legal on the street in Texas? Nice mini by the way!
I don't know.....I have never been stopped by the fuzz. If I ever get pulled over, I'll click the mag off and it will become just a trailer, no pusher.

I'm pretty sure it fits into no known category.

Last edited:

rugblaster

yep....I got into painting a few years back. I chemical stripped the frame. It had four coats of cheap paint on it. I sanded it with 320 w/d paper and primed it with SEM self etching primer in a rattle can. The paint store I trade at allows me look through their miss tint and otherwise screw up cans. I have no idea what color that is. I just look through their stock till I find something I like. They just give it to me at no cost.....good tip there. It looks somewhat like some of the late model Dodge colors. I sprayed three wet coats of the base on there and used Matrix clear over that......Thanks

rugblaster

thanks man......I was looking at some of your photos.....you have some really cool stuff. My older brother has a building full of stuff too. All kinds. I would like to find a Skat Kitty.

yep....I got into painting a few years back. I chemical stripped the frame. It had four coats of cheap paint on it. I sanded it with 320 w/d paper and primed it with SEM self etching primer in a rattle can. The paint store I trade at allows me look through their miss tint and otherwise screw up cans. I have no idea what color that is. I just look through their stock till I find something I like. They just give it to me at no cost.....good tip there. It looks somewhat like some of the late model Dodge colors. I sprayed three wet coats of the base on there and used Matrix clear over that......Thanks
Nice! Good tip on free!

Nice! Good tip on free!
Yeah I'll bet every automotive paint store you go into has a shelf of free paint. They end up just throwing it away. Just tell them what your doing with it (restoring something they may have had as a kid) and they will give it to you.

most of the time the intended paint was to be used for a panel repair and some blending so it will be in a pint or more likely a quart can.....that's all you need......and some clear......and some activator....and some reducer.....and some cool neighbors.