New here. Got a doozy.

Hi guys. It's great that I found this forum. I'm having a heck of a time.

So, let's get started with the story of how I got it. I was at my uncles house a while back getting my truck fixed. As payment for using his driveway, I helped him move some stuff in his backyard. As I was moving some plywood, I found this bike between the plywood and the fence:

I know that it's a Lil' Indian, and I've been restoring it to a respectable condition. I had an ad on craigslist, looking for a new motor, because the motor that was on it is in bad shape. Some guy called and told me that it's a '67. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

As I said, I've been restoring it. I took it apart, and cleaned it up and stripped off the paint to see no rust. All that rust in the picture above was surface. Got it primed, painted and made a new seat. It's looking sweet:

Can anyone get me some more info on this little guy? Also, a good web page where I can get some new parts if I ever need it?

Also, I have a serial number, but I have a feeling it won't do me any good.

Go to the mini bike parts on this site for new parts. For resto parts place an ad on here. I'm sure as heck no expert but the top tubes on your bike make me think Rupp or Ruttman. But I'm a dumb Sh!t when it comes to IDing bikes.:shrug:

The 6000's handlebars are a little different. Mine the handlebars are held on by 2 U-bolts, where the 6000, the handlebars are welded onto the fork.

Plus, look at the location of the foot pegs. They are in the back near the rear axle, not in the front on the frame. And, they fold up and down, unlike the ones I've seen that have solid welded pegs. This alone should be a good thing to ID on.

Last edited:
I found a great web page with a lot of information about Lil' Indian. This is the page. It goes into detail about the Lil' Indian company. It's a good read. No real information on individual models, but still a good read on the entire company.

the lil indian and the rupp C-350 are very simular.
I see how similar they are, but there are subtle differences in mine than the picture you have there. For instance, the handlebars are mounted completely different. Also, the bottom of the forks are different. And lastly, the mounts for the pegs are in a different location in the picture than mine

I know for a fact that my mini bike is all original, minus the seat.

I'm sorry if I'm being difficult. Consider this as a test of your skills. lol

mybiz

Like jim said it probably a kit like a Sabre And who knows A dealer could have ordered a few of the Lil Indians and when assembling mix the parts around. The only difference between yours and a Sabre is the handle bars.

After doing a search on Google for a Lil' Indian Sabre, I came across this thread on this forum. I am convinced that my mini bike is in fact a Sabre with different handlebars. Thanks to mybiz for the answer. I kinda like my handlebars better. The Sabre's are a little goofy looking. Mine at least look like a motorcycles bars.

So, now my next question is, where did these handlebars come from?