new member old guy great memories

Now in the Midwest, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, starting out in business with a rainy newspaper route in seventh grade. I saved up, and (in 1969?) I used those hard-earned profits to purchase my first set of powered wheels: an orange Aggie 98 mini bike, 5HP B&S engine, full suspension. (I think it was $188 at JCPenney or Montgomery Ward.)

I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Eventually moved up to trailbikes and sold the Aggie to a kid up the street. Got lots of two-wheeler affirmation from my Dad who had owned an Indian 74 (?) before I was born. I'd crash and bend the Aggie.... he'd fix it and always say, "Son, we can always replace a bike. But we can't replace you. So I'm glad you're OK." His love made me more careful.

The great memories of hours on the mini bike (with my buds on theirs, together kicking up dust on the school dirt field, alleys, vacant lots, sticker-bush trails, and neighborhood street) have stirred me to look for pictures of a bike like I had – and I found this website. My mini bike memories always include me smiling, and lots of dust. Hence: dusty teeth.

The Aggie led to further addictions.... Honda Mini-Trail 50, Honda Trail 90, Kawasaki 120, Penton 125 Six-Day, Honda XL175, Yamaha IT250, ATK 250, and the occasional borrowed Harley. These days I just watch Pastrana videos and laugh in amazement. But it all started on my mini bike. Great to be in the forum.

Last edited:
Love your moniker, first time I've heard of dusty teeth. I grew up in So. Ca. but now live in Ea. WA an hour north of Spokane. I am an old fart and had a Bug Super Flea as my first bike. Welcome to the site! You will have a lot of fun here.
Fred:thumbsup:

buckeye

Welcome. I think your storey is simular to the rest of us. Just started doing research on what we had as kids and the nect thing ya know there are 5 of them in the garage. This is the best most informative place to be. Wheres the pics?