New Mini bike out-THE RIVET

Anybody see this mini bike yet?? Another copy of the doodlebug:eek:ut::confused: Its called the METAL RIVET MINI BIKE. I was just at pep boys and they are getting them in. Service@metalmotor.com.
Probably not a copy of a doodlebug (DB30), just another version produced by the same sweatshop in China :chinese: that make the Baja Motorsports DB30s.

"A rose by any other name...."

Jimmy S.

Last edited:
Probably not a copy of a doodlebug (DB30), just another version produced by the same sweatshop in China :chinese: that make the Baja Motorsports DB30s.

Jimmy S.
Exactly, it's a DB more or less. I am perplexed that they still even manufacture those gutless little engines, much less still put them on minibikes! The new HF lifan 2.5 ohv would be a much better choice I'd think!:thumbsup:

a friend of mine has the rivet they are doddle bugs painted black lol... he bought it from pepboys put a 6.5 hf on it. well he eventually wrecked it and you could see where the fenders and frame was scratched that the bike was previously red......

Jimmy S.
Yep, yet another Hensim built asymmetrical frame mini-bike. Quite a few companies get them from Hensim. You can always tell by the cartons the bikes come in. Hensim may have a surplus of Baja product that they are repainting to sell to others. Certainly sounds like it.

Pretty sure I saw one (rivet) at Rural King.,,,,,,,,,it was dusty like it was last years stock.....

I would be afraid of not finding parts when I need them.......everything on them is non standard is it not?.........as in metric.....ect

I just bought a Rivit from Rural King at their cost. It had sat outside for like 2 years and they let me have it for about 190. Cleaned out the rusty tank, cleaned the carb and it runs great. Especially with the Pro Mod J/S kit installed.

Pep Boys are/is really good about discounting for defects and issues. Check the paint real well and if you find an issue ask for a discount.
You can get a Doodlebug for around $200 at PB because of the carb issues. Just show them you have to choke it 1/2 way at the store to keep it running.
Great little bike after an engine swap. Sell the 2.7 for $50 pick up a used briggs orget a predator for another $50.
Cant beat that!!!! Also love the 6" tires on them; easy for newbies to ride!!!!

Last edited: