New MTD_Columbia frame

I got this MTD_Columbia frame today free from a buddy.
Problem is that the jackshaft is gone. Anyone have any idea where I could get something that could fit? I could just flip the sprocket to the other side and skip a jackshaft, but I would need to mofify the fender to allow for the chain.
Any ideas on how I should do this??

Also, the shocks on the front forks were welded solid.

Check One of the go cart sites. They sell 3/4 and 5/8 shafts in different lengths,also sprockets for these jackshfts. You may have to get one that's too long and cut it.

Yeah, you can get jackshaft kits and just cut the keyed shaft. Most are for welding on brackets but you could fab some bolt ons. :thumbsup:

Funny, I never saw a Carliste tire with white lettering.

Want to trade? I have a MTD/Columibia Jackshaft bracket. I'd straight up for your rear fender. Just the bracket, no bearing or shaft. Thats stock stuff anyway. Beadblasted and ready to go.

delray

Purple_Pride ,mtd/columbia minibikes are one of the harders bikes to restore when parts are missing. parts on that type frame are all by them self. if you don't want to keep some what original? then just modifly a bracket. i still have my columbia minibike my dad purchase brand new in 1970:thumbsup: and couple others.
here are some pictures,maybe they can help you?

also if you want to install a torque converter you can use the comet 20series with a 6in rear pully(do not use the 7in,will not fit)

lower cover is the older style and top is the newer

been working on some decals,but no time to finish them?

delray

for a comet 20 series unit you can just go to mfgsupply and just make sure you have the right crankshaft size and jackshaft size
http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniClutchTorq20.html/mv_session_id=tCQSa6Im
also if any of you have the original torque converter set-up(v-plex) here is some good info i posted for jay at minidoodle.com on how to adjust the belt and what size belt to use. this is the original papers that came with my columbia.
http://www.minidoodle.com/id211.htm
:scooter:................:thumbsup:

delray

sorry deezildennis, no part numbers off hand,but mfgsupply web site will tell you what size belt(length). very easy to do. if any problems just call them:thumbsup:
:scooter:..........................:thumbsup: