new race car

thanks, theirs no drivetrain rite now but a good rolling chassis double box frame 12 point cage an 4 link rear suspension, im gona put a 351 cleavelend in it

Very cool car.

It'd sure be simpler, cheaper and lighter to run SBC and glide or TH in that. And it's not like it's really "Ford" since it came with an inline 4. Speaking of which, that would be an excellent base for a hopped up 22R, or a 22R with a turbo. (Or SR20DET) I know it's not old school, but this awesome car would be unique at any event built like that.

Please don't ruin it by putting a Chebby in it!! I think it will be cool with a Cleveland in it w/a C4 it will be quick and fun and simple! Way cool keep us up to date as I can't wait to see the finished car!!

no its gona be the cleaveland, my freinds a tow truck driver and we got a truck from him with it in the bed, and it has all the factory tags on it so its never been taken apart

im not real sure of how many they made in the us and in europe but the person that had it before me got it from someone in the us, he was geting a devorce and his wife wanted to take all the hot rods he built, an we got this one, i think he should just get a crap datsun 510 an paint it yellow an she wont know the difference

65ShelbyClone

Or.......how about an SVO mustang or Mercure XR4TI engine?
No! Save the remaining SVOs, not part them out! :thumbsup: The Merks should have had a Cosworth YB to begin with, or at least the option.

Everyone's talking about how heavy 351Cs are... the 2.3T Lima engine that SVOs, Merkurs, and Turbo Coupes have is within 10lbs of a roller 302 for weight. It's also an early '70s design and the head needs a lot of massaging to make it flow. That's assuming you find a turbo head that isn't cracked beyond repair.

CHI heads and intake would bring the Cleveland's weight down to 351W level. :smile:

Something I would like to play with is a 2.0L Zetec RWD conversion and hang a hairdryer on the exhaust. Duratecs and light and have a lot of potential too, but I keep hearing that the Zetec's skirted iron block is tougher. I even thought about putting one in my '68 Mustang, but I don't know that I could live with the exhaust note.

And it's not like it's really "Ford" since it came with an inline 4.
Are the Model T and Model A not really Fords?