New to mini bikes

I am new to the mini bike world. I have a couple mopeds and my daughter has a scooter. Looking for something new to work on I traded a bmx bike for a rupp mini bike and now the bug has biten. So as my wife says we better make room because I have started a new hobby. I am always tring to find new things for my girl and I due has a father daughter project ( Already have picked up another frame and it is painted baby blue her favorite color.) Love this site I will asking a lot of questions in the furture.

Hi guys I am a newbie to the mini bike world. What is a good brand to buy in the
market out there? How are the bajas? Heats, Carbons, Warriors, DB30s? Are these
reliable? What other brands are out there? Thanks

I am in the Michigan. Suburb of Detroit. Looking to buy a reliable minibike for my son.
Willing to spend $400 for a good bike. Any out there? Thanks

I am in the Michigan. Suburb of Detroit. Looking to buy a reliable minibike for my son.
Willing to spend $400 for a good bike. Any out there? Thanks
how old is he? does he know how to ride at all?

do a search and read some threads. you'll find out plenty that way.

Yes he knows how to ride. He is 10. I just want something that I can ride down to the lake
as well. So I am thinking at least a 5hp or 6. Thanks

Yes he knows how to ride. He is 10. I just want something that I can ride down to the lake
as well. So I am thinking at least a 5hp or 6. Thanks
if a 10yo is going to be riding it he really doesn't need a 5 or 6hp engine. those size motors are fast with a 200+lb adult on them.

i'd stick with something that has a 3 or 3.5 in it for a kid.