New truck

I am so happy guy wanted a grand but traded for a chevy 350 engine its a 1970 ford f100 pickup but the guy put in 351 small bolck and new tranny bandm slap shifter new radiator and fuel i weld new florr pans in and paint it up!! Im 15 by the way :D

Mr.B

Mr.B liky liky .... that white top is sweet! ... if it still has F O R D spelled out across the front of the hood in individual chrome letters, swap the F and the D so it says DORF ... I did that on my old Tornio when I was a young'n and got more positive comments on it than you'd believe ... and I don't even know why ... hahahaha :thumbsup:

I know and lol to the dorf thing but i need paint suggestions gonna kepp top white i love that and gotta weld new florr pans on it but everything else is okay

Oldsalt

I'd paint it a NON-Metalic dark green. Any straight color except blue. Better have a really straight body to go black. White is not a good color for a large older pick-up. Pick-ups should not have getto paint with metalic chips in it as big as dimes. In fact no car should. You asked for suggestions....

As for the floor pan: Paint undercoating on the rusted areas. Cut out and form thin sheet metal and pop-rivit it in place. Add another coat of brushed on undercoat and then a sheet of plastic. Even a cut up trash bag will be fine. Then cement the new carpet over that. No one will ever know and it will be as long lasting as going to the trouble of removeing all the rusted area and welding in new metal. That operation is strickly a 'car magazine' cure for high buck vehicles. Does not apply to your machine.

I'd paint it a NON-Metalic dark green. Any straight color except blue. Better have a really straight body to go black. White is not a good color for a large older pick-up. Pick-ups should not have getto paint with metalic chips in it as big as dimes. In fact no car should. You asked for suggestions....

As for the floor pan: Paint undercoating on the rusted areas. Cut out and form thin sheet metal and pop-rivit it in place. Add another coat of brushed on undercoat and then a sheet of plastic. Even a cut up trash bag will be fine. Then cement the new carpet over that. No one will ever know and it will be as long lasting as going to the trouble of removeing all the rusted area and welding in new metal. That operation is strickly a 'car magazine' cure for high buck vehicles. Does not apply to your machine.
I know exactly what you mean buddy but idk about that cement thing ill just stick to welding my floor pans but i love the white top i dont think its ghetto at all but heres what i would like my finished product to be minus red top

Thats a pretty clean looking old truck for a 350 chevy.. :doah: Most of those Dorfs are rusted completely in 1/2 and shredded 15 years ago.. :wink: I'd do it the green and white colors it was, it looks pretty good on it.. :shrug:

Thats a pretty clean looking old truck for a 350 chevy.. :doah: Most of those Dorfs are rusted completely in 1/2 and shredded 15 years ago.. :wink: I'd do it the green and white colors it was, it looks pretty good on it.. :shrug:
It does i thunk i might stick to that unless i think of something better anyone know where i can get floor pans for this?

Not a Cleaveland. The 351 smallie is a Windsor, one of the best Ford made. My son and I swapped a 302 out for a 351 W years ago on his 81 Bronco. That was a fun project and he learned a lot! Nice truck BTW! It will certainly Haul mini bikes as well as ass when your done. Good job.:grind:

Not a Cleaveland. The 351 smallie is a Windsor, one of the best Ford made. My son and I swapped a 302 out for a 351 W years ago on his 81 Bronco. That was a fun project and he learned a lot! Nice truck BTW! It will certainly Haul mini bikes as well as ass when your done. Good job.:grind:
Thank u very much and i found out its a 390 big block i just love the shifter

I like old pick up trucks. That truck looks to be in great shape for its age, I Keep it the original colors and get a set of nice Cragers for it. It will make a sharp looking truck.

The Cleveland has a small block bell housing (they actually made small and big bloack bell clevelands) with canted valve heads.

Minibikefreak, I thought it looked like a FE motor, but the pics were not too clear. Great truck. I can't wait to see more.

The Cleveland has a small block bell housing (they actually made small and big bloack bell clevelands) with canted valve heads.

Minibikefreak, I thought it looked like a FE motor, but the pics were not too clear. Great truck. I can't wait to see more.
im almost positive its a 390 but this weekend im gonna work on it some more i got a nice tach to wire up and i want a radio in it and a couple spekers but theirs none in it. it came outta the factory with no radio ill make sure to get some good burnout vids up!!