new years jump

DELRAY<I DID,!st IN A LONG TIME,I HAVE
BEEN WATEING TO A NOT TO EASY ? I THINK I CAN STUMP YOU
WITH THIS ONE, WHAT CAR MUST YOU LOOK THRU A MIRROW TO SEE HOW
FAST YOUR GOING,AND THE REST OF THE GAUGES ??:smile:

Oldsalt

Wouldn't the faces of the instruments be 'mirror image'? Or did they print the faces negative? But that would not work too well ether. The needles on the guages would not appear to swing the normal way...from left to right. Or would they??? Heck. I don't know.

delray

ok you got me on that one? must not be a chevy..HA..HA....:001_tt2:
In 1940 the Guide Lamp Co. offered an accessory rear-view mirror that could be adjusted for day or night driving:cool2::cool:

ok back on the subject. did anybody see the jump...awesome:punk:

Last edited:

Oldsalt

What was the only year Ford had two different ash tray designs [early production and late production] and offered a radio built by two different manufactures? [Identical radios by Philco and Zenith]. Also the transmission that year was different if it was a convertable and not a sedan.

OLDSALT IS THE WINNER I THINK, IN 1960 FULL SIZE BUICKS USED A MIRROW,THAT COULD BE TURNED UP OR DOWN
FOR DIFF SIZE DRIVERS,AM HIM AND ME NOT SMART ? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::smile::smile::smile:
Wouldn't the faces of the instruments be 'mirror image'? Or did they print the faces negative? But that would not work too well ether. The needles on the guages would not appear to swing the normal way...from left to right. Or would they??? Heck. I don't know.

Last edited:
what was the only year ford had two different ash tray designs [early production and late production] and offered a radio built by two different manufactures? [identical radios by philco and zenith]. Also the transmission that year was different if it was a convertable and not a sedan.
thats a new one on me ????

Oldsalt

thats a new one on me ????

It was 1940. For some reason both Philco and Zenith made the radios and were [dealer] installed interchangeably. The ash trays [there is one the right and one on the left] were located at the extreme ends of the dash. This ment that the 'wind wing', when opened wide, would blow out the contents of the ashtray onto the floor. Burned up a few cars. So the design was changed to a 'slide up' door rather than a 'tilt out' design. 1940 Fords that were convertables had a beefier "X" member in the frame. The "ear" used as a rear trans mount is of a different width to accomodate the special frame on convertables.