Newb with a Manco Tri-Rod?

IMG_20150630_181647.jpg IMG_20150630_181634.jpg Found this site from the Vintage Mini Bike thread on the HAMB. This is a very cool site. I have been thinking about finding an old bike to restore and then tonight I stumbled on to this. Not sure exactly what it is or how old but it looks kind of cool. I know the pink isn't the right color and it's been repowered but I'm trying to put a value on it. Any help is appreciated. Tom. Valvaguy.

Not sure how to handle this deal. A friend of mine has had this for over twenty years. He and I both have lost a child and he is donating it as a fund raiser at an event to start a scholarship in my daughters name. I thought that I was just going to buy it from him but he won't here of it. There is a 5k race coming up in late October/ early November and we need to figure out how to incorporate it with that event. I'm not sure about a raffle because the brakes aren't great and I worry someone may get hurt. I guess I'm just thinking out loud! lol! Thanks for the help identifying it. If we do sell it outright this looks like a good place to post it. Still going to find an old mini to play with!

In general. If you "restore" or even replace and update these old trikes. You usually can't sell them for what you put into them. I have a friend who did the same thing you are talking about. They totally went through a trike and replaced everything and put on a new motor. They held a raffle for a guys daughter that had passed.. They did make money but within 5 minutes of getting the trike the person ran themself over. I suggest just selling it to someone here who is familiar with trikes and the inherent risks not some lucky raffle winner. And take the money and donate it to your cause.

Thanks for the input Gumpit. Thats kind of what I was thinking also. I haven't tried it yet but with an 8hp engine and a Comet torque converter it looks like it would fly. Thanks for the help guys.