Newer guy

Ive been here a little while, forgot to make a thread. Oh well.

Im Matt, 21 and from Central NY. I recently completed a small engines course from Penn Foster in June.

Basically, I used to be into go karts/dirtbikes, but never had a mini bike. I took the course so I could fix them when I break it :D

Im still in the planning stages of what I want in a go kart. After I get that all built, I'll probably put together a mini bike for fun. But, thats a long time away. Thanks for having me. :thumbsup:

Yup. :thumbsup:
I have all the material I learned in hard copy. So, if I ever need it, I have it. Plus, for passing the course, I got a B&S manual. Looks like an old one, though. :laugh: But, it may be useful if I come across an older engine. :thumbsup:

welcome! you defiantly wont regret signing up here. the deals are unbelievable and the advice and knowledge is priceless, a lotta smart guys on here. and hell I didn't even know they HAD a small engine repair class.... must be my location in retirementville :doah:

but anyway welcome aboard!

Welcome to the best place to be on Saturday night. Now get to building.
:thumbsup: I just made a WTB thread for a go kart or mini bike frame :thumbsup:

welcome! you defiantly wont regret signing up here. the deals are unbelievable and the advice and knowledge is priceless, a lotta smart guys on here. and hell I didn't even know they HAD a small engine repair class.... must be my location in retirementville :doah:

but anyway welcome aboard!
Thanks. Ironically enough, in a hunting magazine I used to get, they had those little post card type things stick inside the pages. It advertised for gunsmithing, but there was other options. So, I checked it out. If you paid in full, it was only $600 for the course. For materials, shipping, they sent me a B&S carb with some small tools. Unfortunately, it feel off my table and a piece of the plastic broke :hammer: Oh well. It's a good reference to how a carb should look, anyway :laugh:

buckeye

Cool, check your local and area craigsleast. Ask around, someone might have one hidden. Garbage sales. Flea markets. You will find something. Good luck and when you find one be careful. Somethings are just junk.

Cool, check your local and area craigsleast. Ask around, someone might have one hidden. Garbage sales. Flea markets. You will find something. Good luck and when you find one be careful. Somethings are just junk.
back when I had a job and money my friend offered me his homemade go kart for $50... then engine was filled with water though and I said no.

somebody bought it and put a $50 engine on it and sold it for $200... :doah:

but yeah, if the seller doesnt give much description call and ask questions, craplist has a bunch of :asshole:'s unfortunatly