Nitrous!

They're using what we used to call "whippets" for this. It is USP grade nitrous oxide. It's a bit of money for plastic bits. I cant see how the NOS is controlled, or metered.

Here's the thing though, if you add NOS to your engine under load, you're immediately going way lean. A hip pocket statement here, but in order to get any appreciable power, you need to squirt an appreciable amount of NOS while simultaneously increasing fuel flow. Or, you have your fuel set up so fat off the line, that you're blowing black smoke until you hit the bottle.

This is basic engine 101. If you want this to work, you have to establish AFR at pre and post bottle settings. NOS with no increase in fuel means hole in piston.

I suspect this system is designed for constant flow that would allow a fatter fuel setting.

The Havasu Dave amateur engine guy rating is "snake oil."

.... and I'll chime in on Safety .... Nitrous can be dangerous and blow motors up when not regulated correctly depending on how big a shot you want to give it.
By just tossing one on there you might be sitting on a shrapnel bomb.

Lots of safety things to consider.
Beekeeper has lots of nitrous insight, maybe he will jump in .....

It's just a whippet installed in a trigger going to a fixed jet in the intake plenum. A competing company has video which explains that small engines require just a quick burst to achieve full RPM, then you let off once that's reached.

I recall using "Thunder Jet" on one of my Sportster engines. A carb jet was installed in float bowl with a fuel line running to the intake. Depending on the size of the jet in the bowl, (I want to say it was a Mikuni .040) when vacuum in the intake manifold was sufficient, it drew fuel from the bowl directly into the intake manifold.

It worked like a champ, but I was running aggressive cams with a lot of head work. Well over 6K on a Sporty Evo motor.

Point is, if one could get a fuel enrichment scenario going, have a NOS setup like this would work provided the engine was set up to turn the RPM.

So what about running a universal fuel pressure regulator in the line? It will only send so much and purge off the rest. Which might look pretty cool as well.

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

we had the whippet nitrous on the kids 2 stroke pocket bikes about 10 years ago... as Dave stated the engine goes way lean for an instant...the engine picked up rpm instantly but only lasted a second or two... the first few attempts resulted in blowing the airfilter off the carb.... a waste of money and time with these "kits"...it's a novelty item and nothing more..

They're using what we used to call "whippets" for this. It is USP grade nitrous oxide. It's a bit of money for plastic bits. I cant see how the NOS is controlled, or metered.

Here's the thing though, if you add NOS to your engine under load, you're immediately going way lean. A hip pocket statement here, but in order to get any appreciable power, you need to squirt an appreciable amount of NOS while simultaneously increasing fuel flow. Or, you have your fuel set up so fat off the line, that you're blowing black smoke until you hit the bottle.

This is basic engine 101. If you want this to work, you have to establish AFR at pre and post bottle settings. NOS with no increase in fuel means hole in piston.

I suspect this system is designed for constant flow that would allow a fatter fuel setting.

The Havasu Dave amateur engine guy rating is "snake oil."
indeed! i've been thinking when that stuff comes rushing out the nozzle it MAY have enough force to create a vacuum if it's one of those "y" nozzels or utilizing some sort of "y" or "T" in the sytem. I wonder if utilizing this pressure or having a second pressurized tank could allow for a wet or WETTER than just plain dry system with out an electric fuel pump.