no governor high rpms

If I remove my governor would I rev higher I currently have a comet 30 series with the 7" rear pulley a 9 tooth drive sprocket and a 60 tooth axle sprocket and I have 16in tall rear tires I can burn the tires and get up to about 30-35mph but I want to go faster so would removing the governor make my go kart faster and it's a two seater btw all positive answers are appreciated

If I remove my governor would I rev higher I currently have a comet 30 series with the 7" rear pulley a 9 tooth drive sprocket and a 60 tooth axle sprocket and I have 16in tall rear tires I can burn the tires and get up to about 30-35mph but I want to go faster so would removing the governor make my go kart faster and it's a two seater btw all positive answers are appreciated
Yes, it will rev higher, and no, it's not a good idea unless you replace your connecting rod & flywheel with billet pieces for safety reasons.

1. You'll blow the engine. The stock cast aluminum rods can't take that much of a pounding before they let go.

2. Cast flywheels can come apart at high speeds & can potentially kill you or a bystander.

What engine do you have on there?

i have the 212 predator and yes i will get the aftermarket flywheel and connecting rod
Very good, install them before you do anything else.

THEN, you can do the fun stuff. :scooter:

Big valves, hi-comp heads, stiff valve springs, big carbs, you name it. There's tons of stuff out there for these.