Noob from OZ

Hi, :smile:

Just joined the forum. I recently managed to track down the model of mini bike I first learnt to ride on. Its a Gemini SST 50. Fairly complete, just missing the head and taillights, and the chain guard off the swingarm. Other than that its all there and has good compression & spark etc. Been repainted badly etc. So once my other projects are done she will be stripped etc.

My best friend in those days, had one. In Taranaki province in New Zealand. It was a metallic green one. The one I've bought needs restoration but then that's my big hobby these days anyway. Presently restoring another of my old childhood rides; a 1971 Suzuki TS90T (first bike I owned, when I was 9 or 10 years old), and a 1984 Yamaha IT200L. My daily ride is a 2010 BMW F800GS "ADV" bike.

Know a little bit about them, but hoping to meet some "experts" and thus find info on parts and history, etc. :scooter:

I understand that the guru on Gemini's is right here in Victoria, Australia. So fist order of business is tracking him down...

Well I thought it was a Gemini SST 50. At least that's what it was advertised as on eBay... :doah:

Turns out its actually a Gemini DB 65. The engine and chassis numbers both start with M65. It also lacks the plastic SST badges of the SST 50. Also similar to the 65 cc Deltek "Gremlin".

Other than that looks pretty much the same and has a bigger engine, so I guess its a bonus in a way? Still planning on a full resto, in fact just collected a box of 2nd hand parts for Gemini 50's & 80's to start my spares stocks. :thumbsup:

Well now I do have an SST50. Bought 4 parts bikes last weekend. All Gemini 50's I think. Probably enough to make a good SST 50 and supplies some parts for the 65. Turns out my 65 is actually a Deltek Gremlin. A badge engineered Gemini 65 made just for the Australian market. No engineering relationship to the Delteks in the USA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finished stripping them now. Have three 50 cc & one 65 cc frames. Two have 50 cc engines and a 3rd engine that doesn't have the engine serial in the usual place and is missing the barrel & head, so a bit of a mystery. Add that to my mostly complete Deltek Gremlin 65 and I should be able to make one SST 50 and the Gremlin without much trouble. Full restos will be the way. It's all I know how to do when rebuilding bikes I'm afraid! :)

Not much to show yet. Having stripped all the parts bikes all I have is the mostly complete gremlin 65 and a pallet of bits! Is it easy to post photos here or do you need one of those special accounts?