Noob with a Powerhorse 414 and wanting to improve performance. Where to start?

Good morning my name is Rob and I'm fairly new to the forum. I'm really glad I stumbled onto this thread because I had no idea of the dangers of removing the governors. I didn't know that flywheels could disintegrate or rods could shatter. I was waiting for my warrantees to run out before I considered removing the governors. Now I'm not sure if I ever will. At least not without replacing the flywheel and rod. I have a 73 Trisport RTS-5 and my daughter has a 74 Trisport MTS–30. I have a Northern Tool Powerhorse (LCT) 414cc engine and my daughter has a Powerhorse 208cc engine replacing the original mills. I know ALMOST nothing about building or modifying small engines and I'm looking for a little help. On my 414 I have already replaced the stock muffler with a Parsons adrenaline series big block header and RLV silencer. I removed the stock airbox and replaced it with a Parsons adapter and 2 inch air cleaner with prefilter. A Comet 40 series TC is fitted to the engine and jackshaft. The gearing is 10:54. I am happy so far with hillclimbing, acceleration, and torque. However, I am wondering what other relatively simple engine modifications I can make one or two at a time to increase my torque and acceleration. I have clocked 45 mph with it and I know that will not increase because the governor kicks in and the TC is at max opening. I'm really not concerned about increasing the top speed right now And i assume could only be done by removal of the governor. Can anyone give me any advice to type of modifications and the vendors where the parts can be found? Thanks guys in advance.

This was in the governor warning thread but I haven't heard anything in a number of days. I just posted it and realized it may be a bit confusing in the beginning referencing that thread. Disregard the confusion. Thanks everyone in advance.